concerned and nervous!

Guest cosmonik

Guest cosmonik

Hi all

wandering i someone can give words of advice or comfort.

I have applied for my state sponsored visa on 5th Dec and medical and x ray went off 2 weeks prior to that but as yet i haven't heard anything from DIAC regarding my application being recieved or processed.

I'm getting very nervous now as i am meant to start my new job on 8th April and really really want to get my one way flight booked ASAP as i now only have 12 weeks to get out there... arrghhh!

Has anyone else on here done the state sponsored visa and know how long the processing takes?

I now just want the thing in my passport to know it's all really happening and now christmas is over time is really ticking.:err:

Cheers

Nicki

Guest cosmonik

Thanks nicki,

can you tell me how they let you know youv'e been acepted initially, is it via e-mail or letter?

Mine is the RSMS visa so the initial stuff was applied for by my new employer who then e-mailed me to tell me i could lodge my application back in mid Nov. I'm just nervous because the time sc ales have been so quick i can hardly catch my breath, and i wouldn't really mind except i've now sold my property and waiting to complete in next 3 weeks so really want to get the shipping off and flight booked but keep being told i cant book them tikll i have the visa granted.....so frustrating!

Thank you for the respomse though.

Nicki

Most of SA seems to be on holiday right now - very quiet riding into the city this morning. So with the xmas period, I would suspect they've just got a backlog to get through - when they eventually drag themselves off the beach and back to work.

Phil