176 Visa Lodged Yipee

minty

Not much to post about but seeming as we are doing it on our own we have finally got to the 176 visa lodged stage. Another little hurdle out of the way.

As we did it online now going to spend the next few nights scanning and attaching.:arghh:

Small steps, Small steps.

Sorry for being a bit thick but if you had your State Sponsored visa granted in Dec 09 why are you lodging a 176 visa?

I had my SA state sponsorship granded in Dec 09 not the visa. Have to get the SS for the 176 visa as i have no family out there to sponsor me. The actual SS is not a visa just sponsorship to get points if you do not have enough to go it alone on a 175. I did have enough points for a 175 but they are cat 6 and SS 176 is cat 5 so hopefully will get procecced a bit quicker.

Hope this makes sence, if not or its wrong then ive just wasted $2500:sad:

Not much to post about but seeming as we are doing it on our own we have finally got to the 176 visa lodged stage. Another little hurdle out of the way.

As we did it online now going to spend the next few nights scanning and attaching.:arghh:

Small steps, Small steps.

Make sure you attach a letter from employer stating you have worked in trade for 12 out of 24 mths, New regs im afraid.

Ive got so many docs to attached. Try to answer all of the above points in one post, OH is a sparkie so not on the CSL list but is on the MODL list so could be waiting untill 2012. We are just carrying on regardless and hoping they change the goalposts all though we are hearing that they are procesing non CSL 176 visas or at least the 3500 backlog. Who knows how long it will be and what will change in the future but if your not in you cant win.

I am going to atache my first and last payslip with my current employer and a reference so that should be enough, it was for the vets and SS.

Have uploaded a few docs and touch wood dont seem to be having many problems. We brought a bit of software from ebay called open office for £5 which converts all files to PDF. Just going to number multiple pages consecutivly 1 of 12 and hopefully this will be OK.

Another tip for anyone that lives near Haselmere on the Surrey, Hants border. There is a solicitors there called Martin Coakley who certified all of our documents. We took about 40 docs down to him to certify and expecting to get a big bill as were quoted £5 per doc, were pleasently surprised though to be only charged £50 for the lot and asked to remember him when selling our house. Did not have to sign anything to tie us in but as it only took his secratary 20 mins he was looking at the bigger picture.

Oh well back to the scanning and attatching.