baggage allowance

Guest cosmonik

Guest cosmonik

Hello all, wandering if i can pick a few brains from those that have gone or about to.

Can anyone tell me how to go about getting extra baggage allowance with Cathay Pacific please or what their experiences are of flying with this airline:err:

I recieved comfirmation of my visa approval on 30th Dec and althought i did some internet research for best flight deals from Manchester i wasn't in a posistion to book anything untill i got the visa. Anyway i feel i may have made a boob:(

In my excitement to get myself out there i booked a flight with Cathay Pacific from Man on 29th March, via Hong kong for the rather reasonable sum of £550. I mentioned to the agent about extra baggage and he told me to speak to the airline direct about this ( he couldn't see how to get extra baggage on his system??)

Can anyone tell me if they have managed to get extra baggage allowance with this airline at all? I could have booked with Quantas on the same date but for an extra £190 and they only give 30kg apparently. Really do not think i could survive for 12 weeks with just one suitcase whilst waiting for shipping to arrive:nah:

All suggestions and anecdotes welcome

Thanks

Nicki

Guest Carolandcraig

Hi, I like yourself book with Cathy Pacific via the internet. I rang there desk at heathrow and they advised that because i got the ticket through the internet then i was only entitled to the normal allowance, if i wanted the emmigration allowance then i would have to buy the "correct ticket".

i booked with singapore airlines and my luggage was massively over ( i thought). The chap on the check in desk commented on how much stuff we had and i said we were emigrating. all that happened was he put " heavy" stickers on our luggage. i have found out since that if you have a visa stating you are emigrating then some airlines have some leniency. good luck with the move