VISA GRANTED TODAY!! 176 non csl.

Guest JayBone

Guest JayBone

Our day has finally arrived!

Just got a call from our agent, visa granted today.

Weve got til 9th September to get there.

Cant quite believe it, after all the ups and downs and side to sides!

Off to B&Q now for paint and polyfilla, need to get the house sold!

YIPPEE

Hope everyone else who has been patiently waiting get their good news very soon.

Jon, Karen and Bella

Hi

Could you please help me out, I am reading about c/o being alocated before meds being done we have had our meds done 21st Sept sent off in Dec and do not have a Oz C/O. We are going for 176 visa and that was granted back in Aug, But the Visa Bureau say we will have to wait till 2012, But I see visa being granted to people that are in the same time frame as us.

Not jelous or anything

That's brilliant news...you seem to have been lucky as they have dealt with yours so quickly? I wonder If there is any particular order to how they are allocating visas, as our medicals went in a tad before yours? :unsure:Good news all the same- it shows there is some hope for us too!! We have sold our house so we can pretty much go as soon as we hear...........please let it be soon, I think I have cabin fever from being snowed in for days!!!:jiggy: The sun is calling me...........

Joolz x

Hi

Could you please help me out, I am reading about c/o being alocated before meds being done we have had our meds done 21st Sept sent off in Dec and do not have a Oz C/O. We are going for 176 visa and that was granted back in Aug, But the Visa Bureau say we will have to wait till 2012, But I see visa being granted to people that are in the same time frame as us.

Not jelous or anything

Hi there, you should not get your meds and police checks done untill you get a CO and he instructs you as when the visa is granted its got to be validated within one year of the earliest check ie the police or meds. Theres nothing to stop you front loading but if there are delays then you could have minimal time to validate or may even have to do the checks again.

Hope this helps.

Hi

Not jelous or anything

Hi jim and nik - been thinking about your situation. You said in your message you were asked for meds - by whom? If you have not been allocated a co yet - who at immigration told you to do them.

If it was your agent - then I think they have made a boo boo. Theroretically you arent supposed to front load meds til you are asked by your co as quite often the meds can run out before the visa is finalised. If I were you and you don't get your visa in time I would be asking your agent about bad advice and asking for the cost of the medicals back.

Guest JayBone

Yep the vans coming with us, and our beetle, two big VW clubs in Adelaide (volks-enthusiasts and the VW club of SA) which we have already met lots of people through, they are even organising a cruise when we arrive:goofy:

To re-iterate what has already been said about CO's and Meds etc, you should have a CO before you go for meds as its them that request them, if you didnt have a CO before september 23rd changes, it may be a while yet, we had ours taken off us but then got it back because our application was decision ready, and the DIAC had a change of heart in those circumstances, but we did get the dreaded letter telling us that 2012 was the probable date.

We have certainly been lucky to survive the September changes, but sometimes you make your own luck, the DIAC didnt have to request anything extra from me at anytime as i made sure everything was decision ready to the extreme! it has certainly paid off but cost me alot more money to do so.

Good luck to everyone who is waiting, moving or just settling in! :wubclub:

See you all soon

If you're there by Febuary 2011 you can come to our wedding vows renewal, we rushed our wedding to get the visa, so we need to do it properly now

That's brilliant news...you seem to have been lucky as they have dealt with yours so quickly? I wonder If there is any particular order to how they are allocating visas, as our medicals went in a tad before yours? :unsure:Good news all the same- it shows there is some hope for us too!! We have sold our house so we can pretty much go as soon as we hear...........please let it be soon, I think I have cabin fever from being snowed in for days!!!:jiggy: The sun is calling me...........

Joolz x

OMG we got the call last night and I'm still in shock...we had no idea that we even had been given another CO? Kid's reacted badly though so mood was not so good last night...let's hope it's just the shock of it all.

Thanks for all your support we will keep you posted on dates and all.

Woo Hoo:biglaugh:

Guest thekings
OMG we got the call last night and I'm still in shock...we had no idea that we even had been given another CO? Kid's reacted badly though so mood was not so good last night...let's hope it's just the shock of it all.

Thanks for all your support we will keep you posted on dates and all.

Woo Hoo:biglaugh:

Congratulations, keep checking ours online everyday.

Just out of interest how old are your kids?? We have a 13 yo who's interest is up and down like a roller coaster.

We have a girl of 11 at Senior school yr 7 and a boy of 10 in yr 5...they seem to be gradually coming round to the idea but it will still be hard to convince them totally as they did not go with us on the reccie last Feb. They've seen all the photo's but it's not the same as feeling a place. They will love it, I know... as they are usually up for an adventure...it's just leaving family and friends. It's a bit of a double edged sword...happy to get what you want but tough to tell family etc that you will be off soon. I'm sure we will wonder in a few months time, what was all the fuss about?

Cheers for the congrats

joolz x