887 application query

Beanbear

Hi,

We did our online application yesterday as we have now completed the 2yr wait on the 495:v_SPIN: woohoo!

However after the application was lodged my OH was sent an email to say that he and the kids had been given automatic bridging visas but not me :chatterbox: Is this anything to do with us having changed to him as the main applicant (initially coming out it was me)?

Any help appreciated. Also has anyone else had their's processed super quickly recently? Wondered what it's like now the new year has come.

Cheers

That seems strange - you should all have been issued with one. Nothing to do with swapping applicants. Wouldn't bother too much as this visa only kicks in when your other one runs out. You should get your 887 in a few weeks.

You should all get bridging visas, as you're all on the same 495 visa. I would give them a ring and query it if I were you; I may well be wrong but it's definitely worth double-checking.

J.

Thanks for above replies will phone and check if I don't hear anything soon. Tried to use the thanks button but not letting me!

Guest Fritz N. Sauce

Did the 495 to 887 thing myself. The bridging Visa is what you get while they process the 887. This is normal.

We did ours online and it took about 8 months to get the 887, and that's with no hold-ups. Also, we had to get UK police clearance for the time we were in Oz...!

...Also, we had to get UK police clearance for the time we were in Oz...!

You don't actually need to do them again. I queried it and was advised just to upload a note advising that the UK clearances were attached to the original 495 application, should they be required; if you've been out of Australia during your 2 years then you may need a clearance for that period, otherwise no.

J.