Which Visa

Guest cliveost

Guest cliveost

Hi not sure this has been asked before.

We are looking at moving from the UK to Adelaide early 2011 and would like to hear your thoughts on which visa to apply for.

We originally planned on going for a PR visa through a migration agent but after recieving the cost breakdown and doing some further reasearch decided to try and complete the application ourselves.

The problem now is we have also done a bit of research on the employer sponsored visa and think this could be a good option.

I would like to know from your experience the pros and cons of the sponsored visa.

My fiance is an acute medical nurse and we passed the initial points score, had the chat with the migration agent re the PR visa and he said it should be no problem.

Keep up the good work on here the information is excellent.

Thanks Clive:)

Guest cliveost

A new issue has just raised its head.

Our 18 year old son has just decided he wants to come too. he currently works in the UK as an NA but would like to do his Nurse training. Can he be added to our visa app and then do his training in SA or would he have to apply in his own right on a student visa or simmilar.

Thanks Clive

Guest JoTanCalOwen
A new issue has just raised its head.

Our 18 year old son has just decided he wants to come too. he currently works in the UK as an NA but would like to do his Nurse training. Can he be added to our visa app and then do his training in SA or would he have to apply in his own right on a student visa or simmilar.

Thanks Clive

Hi Clive,

I have had discussions thinking long term ahead with regards to my sons ... as your son is not dependent on you, and not in full time education I do not think that he can be added to your visa as by all accounts he is an employed self sufficient adult ... this is just my basic understanding of it ..

Hope all works out

Tanya

Guest cliveost

Thanks for the help I think the PR route is the best too but just wanted to check. We are not in a mad rush (well we are really) but you know what I mean.

I have heard if we took the sponsored route and as it would be my OH who was the main applicant I would poss find it hard to find a job due to the sponsored visa.

Thanks again Clive