Going to live the continued might take a while!

Guest dean berridge

Guest dean berridge

Just got of the phone to an agent who said that he said he very positive that i would get a 176 visa through applying for Building Associate "GREAT" but (there's always a but). The process now can take upto 3 years OMG we had niavley thought 9-18 months. Well disallusioned at mo., but still determinied we are going and start the ball rolling. Just a little concerned that my eldest daughter though absolutey wants to go will be 13-14 in three years time and that when the Kevin and Perry years start.

Has anybody else had the same sort of response in regards to time scales but when the process was under way the timescale reduced? I would like to know so i can get back on my little old cloud in the sky.

Thanks

Dean 36

Joanne 33

Chloe 10(going on 20)

Callum and Ben 7:sad:

Guest Lyndie Loue

Hi Dean

We are applying for 475 State Sponsor with South Australia on Building Associate (OH is Timber Frame project manager but not degree level unfortunately, just HNC in Building Studies). We have had a positive Vetasses & are awaiting results of State Sponsorship. OH has to have his IELTS English test next week as we need maximum points to go toward sour Visa. Would recommend you have a chat also with Marina Towner at Go Matilda, she is straight to the point with no false jopes, if you know what I mean!

With regard to timescale, well 2012 is the date we have in our head but really, really hope that it will be sooner. The Global Credit Crunch seems to be easing & building seems to be getting stronger in Oz. So, we live in eternal hope & won't give up. We are off in April for a reccie for a month, 2 weeks with family in SA then 2 weeks with friends in Queensland.

We have a girl of 8 and a boy of 5 so totally understand that every year is critical when it comes to kids, for us the sooner we can get there the better. If you have any quetions, feel free to ask

Lynda

Guest dean berridge

HI Lynda

I've got HNC In Building Studies also but how come OH has to have english test Ian Harrops said it wasn't required as long as you've got gcse? Does taking test raise you're points level cause then next step is university degree standard or similar isn't? I'm very confident in english but i'm certainly not "what what" standard

regards

Dean

Guest Lyndie Loue

Hi Dean

We need 100 points for 475 which has to be made up with the HNC (40 points) age, OH is 35 (20 points) Work Experience (5 points) State Sponsor (10 points) IELTS test (25points) as a UK resident with passport he will autmatically get 15 points, but we need 25, so he has to take the test next week & get a band score of 7 or more in each component (reading test, writing test, listening test & spoken test). Believe me my OH is not 'what what' standard either! It lasts all day, cost us £100 ish & can be done at various locations, just check the IELTS website.

The reason can only get a 475 is because SA do not offer 176 for building associate, however SA take aprox 6-8 weeks to give you a yes or no on sponsorship (I am under the impression that other states take longer, but could be wrong about that) & we have lots of family in SA. As you can see from our points score, we need a positive on all the elements to gain the 100 points.

We started the process last Sept 09 will submit our Visa, hopefully, by end of Feb. Getting all our docs together for Vetassess & the State Sponsor has taken its time, getting docs certified by our solicitor etc, although it has been very straight forward.

Hope this helps a little, where are you in the UK at the moment & where do you want to settle in Oz?

By all means PM me is its easier

Lynda

Guest Lyndie Loue

Hi Dean

PM is a Private Message, so it won't show on the open forum. To do it you would need to click on my name & a drop down list of options appear, one of which is send a private message.

Any thing you need to know (so far!) feel free to ask

Lynda