Online applications???

Guest Mark & Rachel

Guest Mark & Rachel

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone was planning to do their visa application on line? I'd dismissed because of scanning all the documents, but spotted someone on Austimeline has had a case officer allocated 4 days after submitting their application online!!! Am seriously tempted to do ours this way now!

Perhaps it's just a fluke?

Cheers

Hi,

Just wondered if anyone was planning to do their visa application on line? I'd dismissed because of scanning all the documents, but spotted someone on Austimeline has had a case officer allocated 4 days after submitting their application online!!! Am seriously tempted to do ours this way now!

Perhaps it's just a fluke?

Cheers

Hi,

I started doing the online application and it was no problem up until the part for post secondary qualifications, as a painter and decorator using experience rather than qualifications I could not get past this stage, I found out later I could have just entered experience only and the computer machine thingy would have accepted this, but had filled out the paper form by then. Up until this point I found it all quite straight forward and online applications DO get priority.

Simon

Guest dglamoore

We did our application online last year and got a case officer within 6 weeks :v_SPIN: They do get processed above the paper applications so may be slightly faster ;)

Lisa:wubclub:

Guest biggles7374

Hi Mark and Rachel

The guy with the fast case officer appointment, thats me!!!

We are planning to move to Adelaide as soon as possible.

I can assure you the dates posted are true and correct, in fact I got an email again this morning requesting medicals prior to finalisation of the visa.

This online system is new to the 175 and as it is early days they are not inundated with new applications all of the time which will eventually lead to the system getting clogged up, this is what has happenned over a period of time with the paper applications.

If you are thinking of submitting online then try and do it quick before more people get the same idea and the response times get slower...that was my strategy anyway. I actually waited 2 months to submit an online app rather than a paper one as I was in the fortunate position that the 5 point english lang reduction did not affect me unduly. Also it is cheaper - no courier fees, you just colour scan in all the docs. Medicals can be done online to if you pick a panel doc and radiologist with the ehealth facility so no courier fees there either, they are becoming more common which means the doctor not having to courier docs to LCU, again more time saving aswell.

I thing the potential advantages of online applications outweigh the disadvantages.

I hope this information helps you to make an informed decision regarding how to apply and Good Luck.

Andy

Guest Mark & Rachel

Hey Biggles,

Yes you were the guy!! I'm impressed and am definately thinking of doing the application on line but we're still waiting for our TRA application outcome and also Mark's passport needs renewing, so I might be pushing it to beat the rush you mentioned - what do you think?

I started yesterday but didn't seem to be able to find where I created a user name and password - can you help me please?

Cheers and well done!!

Guest biggles7374

Hi Rachel

I think it will take about 2-3 months for online applications to start to slow down so as long as you are within that you should not be too bad.

Re the username and password, there is a save application button at the bottom of each page which allows you to save your application to date and you can then return to it anytime (although I think if it has been inactive for a period of more than 28 days they just wipe it). The first time you save the application it will give you an 'application reference number' and ask you to allocate a password. Please note that this is not your 'Transaction reference Number', this will only be allocated once your application is complete and you pays the dosh.

Good Luck with the app.

Andy