A few q's about shipping

Guest Damien

Alright Chaps!

We are just about to book our shipping. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap insurer? We have been quoted 3% of the value.

Also, Lisa is a right chilly mort. She wants to know if she should ship over winter coats, wellies, thick dressing gowns etc?

I'm the opposite so should I ship my electric fan?

There's probably loads of other stuff I should be asking, no doubt will come to me later. My head's been in a bit of a spin lately :confused:

Damo

Guest angiestaff
Alright Chaps!

We are just about to book our shipping. Can anyone recommend a good, cheap insurer? We have been quoted 3% of the value.

Also, Lisa is a right chilly mort. She wants to know if she should ship over winter coats, wellies, thick dressing gowns etc?

There's probably loads of other stuff I should be asking, no doubt will come to me later. My head's been in a bit of a spin lately :confused:

Damo

hi,

i would def' advise that you ship warm clothes, dressing gowns, winter duvets etc... (i am as bad as ur 'better half' ;)).

would also advise that you bring bedding (duvets, sheets etc..) but remember that queen size is quite popular over here

ange x

Alright Chaps!

Damo

Hi

We used Letton Percival the chap was very helpful and a lot cheaper! Bring as much as you can raincoats, wellies, dressing gowns electric blankets and your fans. They all will be useful.

We have not had our first winter yet but we arrived in October and I was frozen kids not sleep as they were cold. !!!!

Good luck and don't be affraid to ask we have all been there and still ask now.

Michelle

Guest cosmonik
Yes you can ship the desired items!!! We found Letton Percival Marine Insurers to be the cheapest by far, give them a whirl!!

Good luck

Mandy

Hi,

I'm coming out in March and sorted my shipping out to come next week, i have done loads of research for marine insurance as all the shipping co charge around 3% as an average. Letton Percival only charge 1.5% of the goods value, Really helpful staff as well, just sent my inventory and paperwork off today.:)

Woah! Your stuff's gonna be out there before mine & I go before you. Mind you, we are in fully furnished rental until 24/4. Bet your life is as barmy as mine right now....

Good luck with the move Cosmonik!

Damo

Guest The Broadheads

Hi Everyone,

Great thread, very interesting! (& timely too, as we're starting to look into this now!)

Can I just ask who people are shipping with & roughly how much it costs???

Will deffo us this Letton Percival Marine place, tho!!:biglaugh:

Cheers, Rich.

Hi Rich,

We've shopped around, haggled etc. We have got quotes from Anglo Pacific, Doree Bonner and John Mason. For 400 cuft they all come in at around £1900.

Damo

Hi Everyone,

Great thread, very interesting! (& timely too, as we're starting to look into this now!)

Can I just ask who people are shipping with & roughly how much it costs???

Will deffo us this Letton Percival Marine place, tho!!:biglaugh:

Cheers, Rich.

We had five companies around for quotes which was way too many. I had decided on 3 then I had another 2 recommended!

I went with my gut feel and then asked if they could knock anyhting off the price and they did, they diid not match the cheapest quote though but I was really happy and felt my stuff would be looked after.

I can't fault the company we used (Bishops Move) they have been fantastic from the sales to the packers and the movers at this end too. We imported a motor bike and they were really helpful with all the questions etc

The quotes all ranged around £3000 for a 20ft container hope that helps oh and good luck.

Michelle