Originally Posted by needtogonow
yes it really is a great feeling, we still cant quite believe it. Congratulations to you too.
Congratulations Bex... hope all goes smooth from here on in!
we have also just been told we can proceed with our application if we so wish. Ideally we should be jumping with joy but we are not. I am in the Forces and live away from my home town anyway. When we heard back in Sept about the 3 year delay we were gutted as most of you would have been but we have now actually planned our next 3 years out. We pulled out of the sale of our house, we have managed to get our 3 year old in a School and my wife has now paid out a lot of money to get her own business up and running. We have decided to do all this by relocating back to my home town and having received an e-mail telling us we can now proceed with our application has really thrown a spanner in the works. The idea of relocating back to my home town where we will have family and friends, plus my wife having set up her own business is now outweighing the positives of going to OZ in some ways. The house market in Oz together with the very poor exchange rate, and basically the difference in what we would have had last year to what we will have this year is now quite frightening. I really am desperate to go but financially i think we may struggle, especially with the problems some people have getting jobs because they are only on a temp visa. I really wish now that we did have 3 years to wait because we might be a lot better off. I hate the way they have messed us around.
Hi to you all,
Know exactly how you feel, when we were told our visa was not going to be looked at until 2012 and that they had taken away our CO in September we boxed up our Australia hopes and made new plans in the UK. Neil has set up his own business and doing well, and we had made plans with the house etc, I was going for a different role with work, and we had actually spent some money on a holiday and not just saved up last month!
When we got our visa granted this month we were a little numb....not the feelings we thought we would have! but now as it is sinking in we are delighted to be given the "golden entry ticket" as we are calling it, and we are going to take our time, validate the visa in June if the house does not look like selling, then we have up to 5 years to move out..... We wont be here in 5 years but at least you have breathing room if you get and validate your visa. Neil is now over 45 so this is our once in a life time shot, and sure house prices are on the up in Oz and the excange rate is crap, but remember the reasons you wanted to go in the first place, and if it was only about money it may not be the right decision anyway?
I would apply and wait and see how you feel, as long as you validate your visa in the time frame specified no one will ever come and drag you away if you dont want to go..... We are just thrilled to have options, its not something everyone can say and I feel very lucky.
Hope that helps a little
Pauline and Neil
Well we haven't done our medicals yet. they were due in Oct but we cancelled for obvious reasons. We are also on a 475 visa and will have to validate in 1 year. If we had 5 years like yourself then i would do the same as you as give it a couple of years to go when the time is right. It's just so messy.
Originally Posted by Squeezle
we are the same as Pauline, we have untl December to validate which is going to be our holiday at the end of march and then you have the 5 years untill you hav to go (ideally you shold have 2 years left when you go though) at least that way you can see if things pick up a bit and weigh up a bit better, for us although the financial side is a big part of it, the quality of life for the children is what we are after. Good luck on what you decide. x
Originally Posted by covfan71
Out of the blue we have been re-assigned a case officer!!! Fantastic news and now fingers crossed everything will be completed without any problems. We are over the moon as one point things were looking so bad, but now we can start dreaming again of our new life downunder!!!
Good luck, its a good feeling when things are moving again