OMG, we GOT THEM - non CSL SS visas !

Guest suttons

Guest suttons

Finally after the roller coaster of emotions since the 23rd September and believing our visas might not be finalised until 2012, they finished processing them, just like that. We cant believe it, and are still in a state of shock. So now to plan a holiday and come to Adelaide to see for ourselves.

The problem now is that we have since had someone we know return home to the UK, in a really negative frame of mind, i think missing family/friends made everything else seem so much worse, to enlighten you some of the comments made were 'that there is graffiti everywhere, food etc is expensive, jobs are not there and when they are lower salaries and kids clubs etc all costly to name some of it.

So although i sympathise greatly as this person had been very poorly and it was nearly Xmas as well at this time and therefore contributed to their decision to return home...... and i know each and every persons opinion varies greatly,,, and it will be what you make it etc etc, but out of interest, how does it realy weigh up when you are in a good frame of mind. Do the positives of coming out realy outweigh the torture of missing family.

Shona (36) Ian (35) Elisha (11) Mitchell (8) and Ty (2)

Guest Squeezle

Congratulations! We have had our visa granted as well, and it has really given us a curved ball as we had made plans for 2010/11 and put all those Oz dreams aside, so we know how you feel of the highs of wanting to go and the low now of god I have new plans! We also know of someone coming back as it was not for them, and I have read of the house prices going up etc etc.... so time to make our minds up eh!

I think we are still in shock that is why we did not jump for joy, we just sat in stunned silence with our glass of bubbly in hand...... So time to unbox all those feelings of excitement on the thought of emigrating.

Keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

Pauline

Guest Admar72

Big congrats to both The Suttons and the Squeezles!! Isn't it a fantastic feeling to hear your visa has been finally granted!

Good luck with all the planning and organising ahead.

Maria & Adam

Guest mayjess

Congrats to you for getting your visas

Speaking as someone who went & returned, the negative frame of mind is a key point to returning, there is nothing wrong with Adelaide, it has everything you need in life & much more, but its your state of mind to accepting it is not the UK and food etc is different, will determine wether you settle or not, I learnt the hard way & costly way, we are returning in the nxt mth or 2, and we cant wait, we know how hard it can be and are prepared to work harder than ever to make it work, one persons view on Adelaide is not your view, go & make up your own mind, If I said to you dont eat prawns because theyre horrible would you not eat prawns or whatever food I said I didnt like?

Good Luck

Mayjess

Guest Squeezle

Thanks Mayjess for your reply I enjoyed your thoughts! We are very lucky as my Mum is waiting for us when we arrive,and we will be living with her and my stepdad at first, they will both be helping with the transition which is fantastic not to worry about accomodation etc. I know each time we come over to visit we enjoy it more then the last time, I think the nerves have stemmed from the roller coaster of last year with swapping visa's getting medicals, then being told no your not coming until 2012.... all hard on the nerves. This in turn made us box up all hope and make plans for the next 2 years in the UK, we have put plans into place and began to action things here, now its stop those plans and get out your Oz plans again... enough to turn you barmy lol.

I am sure that we are making the right choice to come to Adelaide, and do you know what.....even if years down the line we changed our minds, at least we have done it and lived a little... your only here once. Good luck with going back!

Guest Carolandcraig

Congrats on the VISA! cannot really comment on adelaide as ive not been there, but what i can say is that we have now left our house and living with my mums as we fly out next week. It was the first time id been around my home town for about 10years and OMG, i was shell shocked, it was like walking in a gehto. You dont feel safe and its sooooo depressing.

We went to perth last year to activate our visas and if adelaide is half as clean and freindly there wont be any problems at all, stay open minded and forget the british way of life as its Australia and not Britian

Guest suttons

thanks everyone i know it is purely down to accepting a new way of life and not comparing everything to the UK

Pauline you are so lucky to have your mum there, that is my biggest problem with leaving the UK.

have alot of thinking to do.

Shona x

Guest Guest75

Congratulations on the visa!!!

It's really up to you to make your mind up about living here,no one else can do it for you.

I see all sorts of opinions ,some valid errrmmm and some because a very superficial "dream" has bust.

No rosy coloured glasses.

It can be crap here but normally the fabulous days way outweigh the bad ones.

Takes two years before you really know,before that you are still settling.

Positive attitude, acceptance of change,adaptability - stop comparing - look forward - some of the stuff you need :):)

I've been here for a good few years now and I'm still finding new things to do and see.;)

Guest suttons
Congratulations, we found out we got our Visa this am so lots of celebrating to be done.

Its a great feeling isn't it?

Bex.x

yes it really is a great feeling, we still cant quite believe it. Congratulations to you too.

Guest covfan71

Hi all,

we have also just been told we can proceed with our application if we so wish. Ideally we should be jumping with joy but we are not. I am in the Forces and live away from my home town anyway. When we heard back in Sept about the 3 year delay we were gutted as most of you would have been but we have now actually planned our next 3 years out. We pulled out of the sale of our house, we have managed to get our 3 year old in a School and my wife has now paid out a lot of money to get her own business up and running. We have decided to do all this by relocating back to my home town and having received an e-mail telling us we can now proceed with our application has really thrown a spanner in the works. The idea of relocating back to my home town where we will have family and friends, plus my wife having set up her own business is now outweighing the positives of going to OZ in some ways. The house market in Oz together with the very poor exchange rate, and basically the difference in what we would have had last year to what we will have this year is now quite frightening. I really am desperate to go but financially i think we may struggle, especially with the problems some people have getting jobs because they are only on a temp visa. I really wish now that we did have 3 years to wait because we might be a lot better off. I hate the way they have messed us around.

Guest Squeezle

Hi to you all,

Know exactly how you feel, when we were told our visa was not going to be looked at until 2012 and that they had taken away our CO in September we boxed up our Australia hopes and made new plans in the UK. Neil has set up his own business and doing well, and we had made plans with the house etc, I was going for a different role with work, and we had actually spent some money on a holiday and not just saved up last month!

When we got our visa granted this month we were a little numb....not the feelings we thought we would have! but now as it is sinking in we are delighted to be given the "golden entry ticket" as we are calling it, and we are going to take our time, validate the visa in June if the house does not look like selling, then we have up to 5 years to move out..... We wont be here in 5 years but at least you have breathing room if you get and validate your visa. Neil is now over 45 so this is our once in a life time shot, and sure house prices are on the up in Oz and the excange rate is crap, but remember the reasons you wanted to go in the first place, and if it was only about money it may not be the right decision anyway?

I would apply and wait and see how you feel, as long as you validate your visa in the time frame specified no one will ever come and drag you away if you dont want to go..... We are just thrilled to have options, its not something everyone can say and I feel very lucky.

Hope that helps a little

Pauline and Neil

Guest covfan71
Hi to you all,

Know exactly how you feel, when we were told our visa was not going to be looked at until 2012 and that they had taken away our CO in September we boxed up our Australia hopes and made new plans in the UK. Neil has set up his own business and doing well, and we had made plans with the house etc, I was going for a different role with work, and we had actually spent some money on a holiday and not just saved up last month!

When we got our visa granted this month we were a little numb....not the feelings we thought we would have! but now as it is sinking in we are delighted to be given the "golden entry ticket" as we are calling it, and we are going to take our time, validate the visa in June if the house does not look like selling, then we have up to 5 years to move out..... We wont be here in 5 years but at least you have breathing room if you get and validate your visa. Neil is now over 45 so this is our once in a life time shot, and sure house prices are on the up in Oz and the excange rate is crap, but remember the reasons you wanted to go in the first place, and if it was only about money it may not be the right decision anyway?

I would apply and wait and see how you feel, as long as you validate your visa in the time frame specified no one will ever come and drag you away if you dont want to go..... We are just thrilled to have options, its not something everyone can say and I feel very lucky.

Hope that helps a little

Pauline and Neil

Well we haven't done our medicals yet. they were due in Oct but we cancelled for obvious reasons. We are also on a 475 visa and will have to validate in 1 year. If we had 5 years like yourself then i would do the same as you as give it a couple of years to go when the time is right. It's just so messy.

Guest suttons

we are the same as Pauline, we have untl December to validate which is going to be our holiday at the end of march and then you have the 5 years untill you hav to go (ideally you shold have 2 years left when you go though) at least that way you can see if things pick up a bit and weigh up a bit better, for us although the financial side is a big part of it, the quality of life for the children is what we are after. Good luck on what you decide. x

Well we haven't done our medicals yet. they were due in Oct but we cancelled for obvious reasons. We are also on a 475 visa and will have to validate in 1 year. If we had 5 years like yourself then i would do the same as you as give it a couple of years to go when the time is right. It's just so messy.