unsre but sure!!

Guest clare

Dont know why but starting to panic now BIG TIME :arghh::arghh::arghh:

Not coming out til june but panicking bout where we r gona live an work how can we find somewere 2 live b4 coming out and how hard this is gona b. its been on the cards for 4 years now an had visas ages but probs with house delayed us dont know if coz its been so long that i feel worse :confused:

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Ahh Clare, you'll be alright, am sure all of the people already there have had the same feelings ... to be honest wish I was at the point you are right now,

Guest Guest75

Hi Clare - it's perfectly normal to feel like this.

Virtually all of us have done it in the process.

It's when it sinks in about the big the move is.

You'll be fine :)

Guest The Dimmocks

Hi Clare

We had all those feelings as well. We flying out on 7th Feb. Can you apply for On Arrival Accommodaton? I know it not guaranteed but if you try you might get. Lots of people have found short term places at short notice. Have a look at some caravan parks there are lots of nice ones.

What is your job? We spent weeks and weeks sending out as many e-mails as we could to companies and my husband has managed to secure a job through that so maybe you could try that.

All the best with your plans and it will all work itself out. We currently sat in a very empty house waiting for the next 2 and a bit weeks to pass by.

Michelle

Guest mayjess

As the others have said, its very normal to feel like you do, we are now going mid-march and have no job/accomadation sorted, Im running round like a headless chicken getting nowhere fast, need to slap myself & create a `to do` list and start ticking it off, have my little aussie dog to sort aswell and have no clue what to do! its all scary but a nice scary, stay focussed & all will be well,,

Mayjess

Guest mayjess

Well I was all sorted in my head about going back etc etc, now my hubby has thrown a spanner in the works, he feels 12 grand which is what we will have left after flights shipping etc , wont be enough! its all we will have and he feels we will be stressed to death if we go & run out of money & havent secured a job. Ive tried telling him, it wont come to that, but he says how do I know that? mmmmm what do you say to that? he really wants to go back aswell, we just havent the dosh we had 1 st time round. Will need some advice please everyone!!!!

Mayjess

Well I was all sorted in my head about going back etc etc, now my hubby has thrown a spanner in the works, he feels 12 grand which is what we will have left after flights shipping etc , wont be enough! its all we will have and he feels we will be stressed to death if we go & run out of money & havent secured a job. Ive tried telling him, it wont come to that, but he says how do I know that? mmmmm what do you say to that? he really wants to go back aswell, we just havent the dosh we had 1 st time round. Will need some advice please everyone!!!!

Mayjess

Hiys we came here with $12k and four kids, we had a fully furnished rental for first to weeks, and we had a cheap runabout sorted and that it !!!!

No job, no nothing else...were jere now nearly 2 years down the line and were doing good....just waiting for them to start on our new house....

If you want any support and help just drop me a PM, we will try and help as much as we can....if you want it bad enough it can be done.

HG

Guest mayjess
Hiys we came here with $12k and four kids, we had a fully furnished rental for first to weeks, and we had a cheap runabout sorted and that it !!!!

No job, no nothing else...were jere now nearly 2 years down the line and were doing good....just waiting for them to start on our new house....

If you want any support and help just drop me a PM, we will try and help as much as we can....if you want it bad enough it can be done.

HG

Hi HG, I know how well you have done and I hope to post similar threads and replies like you one day, but the worry is still there, I know we will still go & try, but its the scariest thing Ive ever done, and Im 42,lol, 1st time round didnt count in my opinion, we had a good amount of dosh, now we dont, we wil, have 10 grand debt to pay back once we arrive, sorry to everyone reading this but i am an open book & tell everyone everything, lol

But I thankyou for your words of wisdon HG, I hope to aspire to you one day soon.I WILL stay in touch!

Mayjess

Hi HG, I know how well you have done and I hope to post similar threads and replies like you one day, but the worry is still there, I know we will still go & try, but its the scariest thing Ive ever done, and Im 42,lol, 1st time round didnt count in my opinion, we had a good amount of dosh, now we dont, we wil, have 10 grand debt to pay back once we arrive, sorry to everyone reading this but i am an open book & tell everyone everything, lol

But I thankyou for your words of wisdon HG, I hope to aspire to you one day soon.I WILL stay in touch!

Mayjess

It IS very scary and you get days where you think OMG :chatterbox: were really doing

this and living in Australia, my best advice is to build a very close circle of friends very quickly, as these guys then go on to become your new family...you know brothers/sisters...nephews neices etc etc...

these guys then go onto become the people you share the good times and the bad times with, i feel without these guys around you will eventually go insane and lose your marbles:v_SPIN:

The many people on PIA are always here to lend an ear and offer advice, some of it may NOT be what you want to hear, but its good to see both sides of the story.

thanks for being so open and honest, it rerally helps people to understand who you are, what you are going through and where you want to get yourself....were all on board this roller coaster, but at different positions down the track....

Good luck

HG

hi yes were gona apply for accomadation have u found out if u got it yet? i bet you feel strange now mixed emotions? my hubby is a chef an i work in a well known chemist here there is so much to do i dont know were to start! wot do you an yr hubby do? good luck x

Guest mayjess

HI Clare,was that question to me? il answer anyway haha

I have the forms to comlete for OAA, we will try for it, we have very mixed emotions now, feeling extremely overwhelmed with it all, have to make some big decisions this weekend.

Good luck to you aswell

Mayjess

Guest The Dimmocks
hi yes were gona apply for accomadation have u found out if u got it yet? i bet you feel strange now mixed emotions? my hubby is a chef an i work in a well known chemist here there is so much to do i dont know were to start! wot do you an yr hubby do? good luck x

Hi

Thanks for Luck.

We have got the OAA, not been given address yet though, find out 10-7 days before travel. I feel okay to be honest, have the odd day when feel a bit OMG what are we doing but that about it. We had the packers in Weds/Thurs so house is now empty apart from our beds. My Hubby is a joiner, I was a secretary before having the kids. Want to try and find a part time job when we settled not bothered what I do as long as get some adult conversation.

I going out tonight with my girl friends (last UK one) so looking forward to that, may be a few tears.

All the best with your plans.

Michelle x

Guest angiestaff

Mayjess

do you mean 12 grand in pounds or dollars? we came over with 10 grand in pounds so that came out at $20,000 ish and we set up home (rent and bond, furniture, 2 cars, paying quarantine costs for 2 dogs,admittedly we did get down to just under $2000 but that did take several months to get to that!, but we didn't scrimp and save...we treated ourselves to meals out and many bottles of wine! ;))

we were lucky as i started work within 3 weeks (so got paid 5 weeks after arriving) but hubby wasn't working

so i'd say don't worry too much, maybe don't have as many bottles of wine each week as we did :biglaugh:

ange x

Guest mayjess
do you mean 12 grand in pounds or dollars? we came over with 10 grand in pounds so that came out at $20,000 ish and we set up home (rent and bond, furniture, 2 cars, paying quarantine costs for 2 dogs,admittedly we did get down to just under $2000 but that did take several months to get to that!, but we didn't scrimp and save...we treated ourselves to meals out and many bottles of wine! ;))

we were lucky as i started work within 3 weeks (so got paid 5 weeks after arriving) but hubby wasn't working

so i'd say don't worry too much, maybe don't have as many bottles of wine each week as we did :biglaugh:

ange x

Hi Ange

thanks for the reply I meant pounds,, blime you made that stretch very far!!!! good on ya, I hope we do ok, must admit feel great now you have said all that So thanks for that.I promise il go easy on the wine, as long as we have enought o get us through finding work i will be well pleased, we will prob buy one car (very cheap one) bond on rental, 3mths up front on rent then try to buy bare essential until shipment arrives, hopefully I can borrow some items of friends over there or lovely people on here????

Mayjess