475 provisional- how long to activate, need to delay it

Guest ras

Hi there

I wonder if anyone knows for sure how long you have to activte a 475 regional sponsored provisional visa. We have been waiting over a week for our agent to reply to us with no joy. It seems like it could be a 12 month but not sure, also I think my husband may come out as a CATEGORY B on the medical and read somewhere that you have to activate quicker if a B.

We were expecting the visa to go through in October, but were told by DIAC/ AGENT there was as a back log we were told it would be end 2011/beginnng 2012that they would look at it.

We were devasted at the the time but had got our heads around it being this date and have things happenning in the UK that we need to be here for up until this date unfortunatley.

So if we are lucky enough to be granted a visa we somehow want to be able to delay it as long as possible without it eating into our 3 year actual visa.

Has anyone had experience in delaying the activation date? Our agent has said this may be possible but she hasnt got a good record of getting things right!!

Any info much appreciated. Thanks, Rachael:)

If you or any member of your family get a cat b you have 6 months to activate your visa from the time you take your medical. We had only a matter of months to activate it as hubby got a cat b and had to sign a medical undertaking.

Hi there

I think the best way "to delay" things is to wait for your CO to ask you to do medical checks. When we did ours only two weeks, before we got our visa. So, basically we have nearly 12 months before we meet our first entry.

I never heard of delaying entry date, for whatever reason. In our visa, it was said that if we did not meet the activation date, the visa would expire.

Regards

Wijaya

oops, that could be a problem, I guess we'll have to activate it then come back but will miss quite a bit of our visa, as it's valid for just the 3 years. What is a medical undertaking? We would have to pay for private medical anyway, is that what you mean. This is of course if he is even granted it, hope they let him in. Thanks

Thanks. We've had a request from our CO allready to do our medicals on 18th Jan, and we have 70 days from then to do them. I 'm hoping our agent can advise us how late we can leave it without cutting it to fine. As long as Diac can see the reciepts that we have booked it might buy us a few weeks.

As for the delaying of it I thought it was bizarre at the time about the special circumstances. Our agent makes it up as she goes along so I end up double checking everything.( what a waste of money she has been).

We all want to go ASAP but we were told in September by agent they wouldnt be looking at our visa until 2012. So weve got things going on now due to being told 2012 which we can't leave no matter what. So the news they changed this and were going ahead with our application last week was a real shock. I guess we'll have to keep our fingers crossed that Hubby gets in on the medical and take it from there. As long as we get there I guess that's all that matters. Thanks so much for info.

Rachael

Medical undertaking is more than signing an official piece of paper stating you will go for check ups when requested. Hubby goes once a year for an x-ray as he had a shadow on his lung. Nothing major.