$100K Bond - still possible??

orrelljet

Hi.

Just gathering together the pennies to pay this, as advised by DIAC (and agent); was advised by agent that QLD were pretty much the only state left offering this so filled in relevant forms and duly sent them to the agent, in Perth.

I was a bit bored last night so decided to check on the rates offered and discovered on the QLD Treasury site that the migration bond is "no longer offered"!!!??? Quickly forwarded this info. to my agent (ASA) who were, I'm sad to say, none the wiser and did little to assuage my fears that all our hard work was about to be poured down the toilet. :realmad:

The agent is ringing round all the states to find out exactly who is still offering it but my web reccie suggests that SA may be a potential candidate.

Has anyone on here (very) recently applied for the bond? Which state did you use?

Cheers,

Justin.

Hi Justin,

We have applied for sponsorship to SA gov with this. We sent our application for a visa in July, and at that time only SA and Tasmainia were offering this option. We belive that things have since changed, but don't know the details. Your agent should have known what the deadlines where, so if they have #### up you should get your fee back.

If you need any more info send a PM.

Good luck, rory

Just gathering together the pennies to pay this, as advised by DIAC (and agent); was advised by agent that QLD were pretty much the only state left offering this so filled in relevant forms and duly sent them to the agent, in Perth.

I was a bit bored last night so decided to check on the rates offered and discovered on the QLD Treasury site that the migration bond is "no longer offered"!!!??? Quickly forwarded this info. to my agent (ASA) who were, I'm sad to say, none the wiser and did little to assuage my fears that all our hard work was about to be poured down the toilet. :realmad:

The agent is ringing round all the states to find out exactly who is still offering it but my web reccie suggests that SA may be a potential candidate.

Has anyone on here (very) recently applied for the bond? Which state did you use?

Cheers,

Justin.

Guest dglamoore

I think this was removed in the September 1st changes but the English went up by 5 points with an IELTS test so if this is the case you should still be ok with your points. Get you agent to check this for you. :)

Lisa:wubclub:

As far as I know, the IELTS changes came into effect from 01/09 but only for applications submitted after that date - ours was submitted in May and the only option on the Vissa app. form was the old style bonus points system, hence our requirement to "lend" $100K.

The only other option I can see is starting the whole thing again (not an option) or possibly finding a cancellation at a nearby IELTS centre (unlikely) and getting the missing points that way, if DIAC will let us.

Our agent should have something to tell us on Monday and we're praying for good news.