seaford

Guest ozziespurs

Guest ozziespurs

Hi all we're hoping to come out next spring 08, can anyone please advise us on the area of seaford and what the schools are like primary and secondary, looking on real estate and the house prices aren,t too bad at the moment also how far from adelaide is it and what is the nearest beach like thanks for any help.:jiggy:

Guest dale_jo@

Hi There!!

I USED TO LIVE AT MOANA WHICH IS THE NEXT SUBURB ON,MY MUM LIVES IN SEAFORD RISE A NEW DEVELOPEMENT AND IT`S LOVELY!!

SEAFORD IS 45-50 MINS FROM CBD BUT WITH THE FREEWAY IT CAN BE A BIT QUICKER IF IT`S GOING YOUR WAY THAT TIME OFF THE DAY!!

YES A BIT EMBARASSING OUR FREEWAY ONLY GOES ONE WAY CERTAIN TIMES OF THE DAY!!

BUT THERE IS TALK OF THEM MAKING IT TWO WAYS!!!!!

CLOSEST BEACH IS SEAFORD 2 MINS OR MOANA 3-5 MINS!!

MOANA BEACH YOU CAN DRIVE ON AND IT`S SO NICE IN SUMMER!!

THEY HAVE A FEW SCHOOLS SEAFORD PRIMARY,ALL SAINTS(PRIVATE) PORT NOARLUNGA PRIMARY, SEAFORD R-12 ETC!!

THEY ALL HAVE QUITE A GOOD REPUTATION ALSO!!

DON`T THINK YOU CAN GO WRONG IN SEAFORD THERE ARE TWO PARTS ONE BEACHSIDE WHICH IS OLDER AND THE OTHER SIDE OF COMMERCIAL RD THE NEW SIDE (NEW HOMES), BOTH ARE NICE JUST DEPENDS WHAT TYPE OF HOME YOU ARE LOOKING FOR!!

AROUND $350,000.00-$450,000.00 WILL BUY YOU A REALLY NICE HOME IN THAT AREA!!!

GOOD LUCK!!

JO

Guest dglamoore

We live in Port Noarlunga South right on the border with Seaford. We love it here :jiggy:

There is a good mixture of new or older properties and lots of new developements going up if you fancy building too. Dawn goes to Seaford K-7 kindy and will go up full time from October. She loves it there and the teachers are great - even the head introduces her self on first name terms :)

Seaford Mall has your basics - banks, supermarkets, fruit & veg shop, butchers etc and 10 minutes away you have Colonnades which has just about everything you could need shop wise so we rarely venture into the city. When we do it takes us 35 mins from our house to Gouger Street so not bad :cute: There are plenty of takeaways in the area and great for kids as you have just about everything covered entertainment wise too. Seaford Recreation centre has a gym and bmx track, Noarlunga Centre has a Cinema, bowling alley, icerink and swimming pool. The area is pretty flat so great if you are into cycling and there is a great cycle track along the coast along with a walking path.

Beaches are all lovely - we live opposite Noarlunga Beach which travels down to Seaford then Moana which is gorgeous. You can surf/bodyboard along Southport and Noarlunga while Moana is great to drive on. Moana also have the little nippers program running when the season starts and the surf club does friday night bbq's on the beach.

Mclaren Vale wineries are only 10 mins drive away too :jiggy:

Some parts are a little older but this just adds to the charm of the area and we have not come across any negatives of living in this area yet!!

Lisa

Guest ozziespurs

Thanks everyone for your reply about seaford, could anyone please give some advice on the schools in port noarlunga or seaford area, I have a 15 year old, 12 year old, 9 year old and twins aged 6. Any help will be appreciated thank you:unsure:

check out the decs website which will give you an overview of all the public schools in the area. I know people who have kids at both Port Noarlunga primary and Seaford primary and both are happy with them. Have heard not so good stories about Old Noarlunga primary but also a primary school with a great local reputation is McLaren Vale primary (about 5 mins drive from Seaford Rise).

Guest guest569
I would check out the high schools big time in that area!!!!!!!!. Look at the catchment area.

Have to agree there smitty. The only good kids i know are looking at woodcroft college or Tatachilla college ( private education )Local schools only entertain the feral bunch of hooligans.:policeman:

Guest dglamoore

Quite interesting comments about Seaford High School - I am guessing that none of you have actual personal experience :(

I only have a little one so no personal experience but definitely would not slate it on hearsay - after all there would be a lot of people I would not talk to if I believed all I had heard ;)

Go and see the schools for yourself and make your own mind up. Interestingly enough Seaford 6-12 has won quite a lot of awards lately (as seen on their website and in local papers recently - Website) and is now seen as a fairly good state school. :o

Lisa:wubclub:

Guest guest569

I know people who send their children there and also know people who have sent them there and moved them out again.

My daughter goes to primary school opposite so when i pick her up i see for myself what comes out and what sort of language and appearance the kids have.

Its just not for me i'm affraid.( but might be ok for others) My kids education is a priority for me and not something i would gamble on.

Guest dglamoore
I know people who send their children there and also know people who have sent them there and moved them out again.

My daughter goes to primary school opposite so when i pick her up i see for myself what comes out and what sort of language and appearance the kids have.

Its just not for me i'm affraid.( but might be ok for others) My kids education is a priority for me and not something i would gamble on.

Ironically the most kids I see lounging, shouting etc are in Colonnades when Cardijn kicks out which is a private school so think it is just as much down to the kids and parenting as the school. Private does not always mean better - after all how many times has Eton been on TV for drug abuse in UK and that is a good enough school for the royal family :nah:

We were told by lots of people not to send Dawn to Seaford K-7 as it had a bad reputation but Dawn loves it there and we are impressed by what we have seen.

Just saying keep an open mind and see the school yourself

Lisa;)

Quite interesting comments about Seaford High School - I am guessing that none of you have actual personal experience

I only have a little one so no personal experience but definitely would not slate it on hearsay - after all there would be a lot of people I would not talk to if I believed all I had heard

Go and see the schools for yourself and make your own mind up. Interestingly enough Seaford 6-12 has won quite a lot of awards lately (as seen on their website and in local papers recently - Website) and is now seen as a fairly good state school. :o

Lisa:wubclub:

My post was about the catchment area for Port Noarlunga!!!!!!!.( as someone asked):D Maybe I should have made it more clear................but people made their own minds up:arghh:. To make it clear....................I would not send my kids to Christies High school.......and I do know about it!!

The award for Seaford school was for the most improved school I believe.............at what level do you have to start at to become the most improved?..............I dont know,only a question?...Two different ways of looking at it.

Smit

ps ...My kids had an improving school in UK.(according to the figures).............it was poor to say the best!!!!!!.BUT IM not saying that Seaford is....I couldnt even tell you where it is!

Guest dglamoore
My post was about the catchment area for Port Noarlunga!!!!!!!.( as someone asked) Maybe I should have made it more clear................but people made their own minds up. To make it clear....................I would not send my kids to Christies High school.......and I do know about it!!

The award for Seaford school was for the most improved school I believe.............at what level do you have to start at to become the most improved?..............I dont know,only a question?...Two different ways of looking at it.

Smit

ps ...My kids had an improving school in UK.(according to the figures).............it was poor to say the best!!!!!!.BUT IM not saying that Seaford is....I couldnt even tell you where it is!

errrrrmmmm really confused now - at what point did I quote or highlight your post in reference to my reply that you have quoted :nah::wacko: was not in reply to you at all ;)

Lisa:v_SPIN:

Quite interesting comments about Seaford High School - I am guessing that none of you have actual personal experience :(

The above quote , to me,considering there is only one other negative post, makes me think that ive been included. None of you sounds plural to me.

Obviously if thats not the case I apologise..................and a perfect case of misunderstanding the written word :notworthy:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Antelope voices
Hi all we're hoping to come out next spring 08, can anyone please advise us on the area of seaford and what the schools are like primary and secondary, looking on real estate and the house prices aren,t too bad at the moment also how far from adelaide is it and what is the nearest beach like thanks for any help.:jiggy:

Hi

We went to Aus last Nov for 3 weeks, while we were there we called in at the schools primary and secondary schools and were shown around the schools. ( very impressed ).

We also got letters from the schools guaranteeing our children a place in 2008.

Seaford is spot on, great area and thats were we defo want to live once we get our visa.

Try looking at these schools on the internet.

Seaford 6-12 school. This is a secondary school less than 10 years old, great modern facilities. www.seafordhs.sa.edu.au

Seaford K-7 School ( primary school ) info@seafordps.sa.edu.au

Our kids are 8, 11 and 17.

Fantastic brand new shopping cente in centre and you Noarlunga shopping cente about 1.5 miles up the road from Seaford.

There is a big sports/leisure centre in Noarlunga, swimming pool, gym etc.

The beach is fantastic at Seaford, and yes the property is very cheap in Seaford, your looking at a 4/5 bedroom property some with a pool some without but most have lots of land with the houses for between £115,000.000 to £130.000.000.

I fyou need any more info dont hesitate to ask.

Antelopevoices.

Guest aussie90

My two kids both went to state schools in seaford with no problems. Interesting question - if you were in the uk would your kids go state or private? Why would you put them in private here if not in the uk?

It amazes me how many times I read about brits coming over and jumping into private without giving state the chance. Maybe it is the 'Jones's' mentality that unfortunately seems to be making its way over here now.

Guest Antelope voices
My two kids both went to state schools in seaford with no problems. Interesting question - if you were in the uk would your kids go state or private? Why would you put them in private here if not in the uk?

It amazes me how many times I read about brits coming over and jumping into private without giving state the chance. Maybe it is the 'Jones's' mentality that unfortunately seems to be making its way over here now.

Hi Aussie90

I wasnt aware that the two schools i have mentioned were private schools ?

I just thought because you have to pay a small fee, that is how it is in Aus.

Please clarify

Antelopevoices

Guest muppetbro

the standard of state schools i have worked in so far would be closed down and put on emergency measures in the uk - as parents we are very very concerned - i would describe them as badly run youth clubs - i am hoping future schools i work in shortly will be dramatically better but talking to other teachers gives me little hope...

any parents who care about the quality of their childrens education pay particular attention - there is a reason over 40% go to private schools - even some of these have alot to be desired i am told from teachers working in the private schools....

sorry but teachers in cut off jeans wearing dangling ear rings doesnt warrant one ounce of professional standards (thats the male teachers) in what is a demoralised state education system (interesting reading in the advertiser) which has little or any expectations from students regarding achieveing their full potential.......who ever desribed kids as "feral" was spot on in the schools i have worked in so far......

the uk state education is VERY VERY GOOD, with a little less testing and number crunching it would become OUTSTANDING - make no mistake about that from a teaching couple with 33 years teaching experience in state schools in the uk..........

i would like nothing better to say in a few months time it was just those schools i have been working in as a relief teacher then i can simply put it down to undesireable catchment areas

i rest my case - performance league table the only way forward to drive standards up.....i cant believe im saying that but ive been through it all and its being muted here...

im open to criticism, open minded and maybe im best not naming schools but i will say one thing - DO YOUR HOMEWORK ;)

WELCOME TO S.A. HOME TO HOONS, REDNECKS AND MORAL HYPOCRACIES......:D

its a great place but not so great i would sacrafice my kids education.......time will tell

ciao