SIR 495 Baby problems.....

Guest sturt007

Guest sturt007

We are seriously concerned and would really love for some help regarding this if possible.

Me and my partner have our SIR visa's and have been living in Adelaide for almost the last two years. We originally obtained the visa's for myself, partner and child. 9 months ago we had another child in Adelaide. He has a british passport as we are classed as temp for now and therefore he is classed as british born in Australia.

We assumed that him being born in Oz and having his Oz birth certificate that he will auotomatically be added to our visa's. (He is NOT). It got flagged at the Adelaide airport but imagration told us they have sorted the problem and we will all be fine for our return back into Oz in a few weeks.

The problem is that we thought we would make some phonecalls to check that we will be ok returning home to Oz and in this process we have found out that he will need to be added onto our visa's first.

We have been told so many different things and time is running out so quick as we oly have 2 more weeks remaining until we are due to leave the UK.

The Adelaide processing centre who is dealling with our visa's told us that we need to get my son's birth certificate sent to us in the UK and take it along with passports to the Australian Embassy in London and they simply need to add him to our visa's. They said that because he was born in Australia it is a simple process that is deamed.

However, we rang the Australian Embassy in London and they have said they do not deal with the SIR visa's but we need to fill out a 47SK form and apply from the begining for our son's visa. This form is all info regarding an adult not a baby!!!!!

We are really lost for what to do and seem to be getting nowhere fast.

If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Guest sturt007

hi,

no that can not be done. If you apply for ETA you are affectivly breaking rules as an ETA is designed for holidays and we would have ETA knowing that we would be applying for another visa once in Adelaide. I looked into that and its a no......

Thanks

Guest sturt007

hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We phoned the Adelaide processing centre only last night plus spoke with migration at the Adelaide airport. Both have told us that we just need his birth certificate sent over to us in the UK and then go to Australia house to have him added.

They said that this is the case because he was born in Oz and is only 9 months old and therefore the form can not be filled out as nothing on the form is relevant to a baby.

I am confused because Australia house in London is saying what you said but Adelaide is saying no......