Statutory Declaration

Guest Richard & Amanda

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Just a bit of advice really.

We are just completing our TRA at the moment ( luckily we aren't being accessed on

the skills D category!

My husband doesn't want, at this stage, to get a reference from his current employer

relating to his work experience etc.

So we are following the statutory declaration path which he will have witnessed by a 3rd party within the company.

Has anybody had to write one before and if so can you give me a few pointers please.

;)

Thanks

Richard and Amanda

Guest lastboyscout

Sorry can`t offer any advice on this , but I wish I had not asked my employer for a reference as I`ve been treated pretty shoddily since I asked them, and told them the reason why I wanted one :(

But who gives a crap what they think ,hey? I`ll be off soon :P

Guest chillyanna

Hello

stat decs can be testing to compile, if you need some advice on how i did mine then PM me on here.

just one thing though, if you dont want to get a reference from an old employer then you will need to do the stat dec, but in the stat dec you have to tell why you have done the stat dec instead of getting a reference from your old employer, could be awkward to explain to TRA why.

this is just how i see it though, maybe someone else will come on and write some thing different!

all the best

paul

Guest chillyanna

exactly right boy scout. sod them!!

i had a run in with an old employer, gave me false hopes only to return my reference to me with a nasty letter attached telling why he would not do it.

i will have the last laugh when i send him a post card from adelaide saying "glad your not here"

"this is why i wanted a reference from you, so i could live in a great place and escape people like you, thanks for nothing!!"

Guest nikkiandlee

I'm also having problems gettng references, people seem to get jealous when the realsie we are thinking of moving to adelaide!! People are really Bl**dy strange :)

Nikki

Guest Richard & Amanda

Hiya,

Thanks very much for the advice. I have a feeling that my husbands employer will make life difficult for him once he knows what we are up to. This is exactly what we want to avoid. It's right they are clearly jealous we are getting up and doing something better for ourselves.:realmad:

Paul - I will pm you cheers matey

Guest Aussiebound
Hiya,

Thanks very much for the advice. I have a feeling that my husbands employer will make life difficult for him once he knows what we are up to. This is exactly what we want to avoid. It's right they are clearly jealous we are getting up and doing something better for ourselves.:realmad:

Paul - I will pm you cheers matey

HI

We had to do a Stat dec for Neils first employment where he did all his training and studying, as this company was no longer in existence. This was backed up with a letter from the old Managing Director. It was quite hard going getting all the info together and remembering what tools Neil used and when he learnt how to use them etc as he was going back 20 years. But TRA passed fine. If you want a copy or more info send me a PM.

Sarah

what a pain with all these employers, eh?!?! :err:

we had to do one for ashleys first employment because the company doesn't exist anymore. we did get a confirmation though that he did work for them and the time and position (the new company still has old records!) - but they were not comfortable to confirm the jobs he did which is fair enough.

so he stated every job he could only think of - basically from day 1 and the progress and additional tools and jobs and materials ...

was no problem for us!

if you want a copy pm me

Guest Bex & Nick

My OH didn't want to get a reference from his employer either because he was worried that the visa might not be granted, if he'd asked for reference then it might have upset his career prospects. So, he actually explained that in the stat dec.

We were told that he'd probably only need to get a formal reference if the visa was granted (i.e. the visa would be conditional on medicals, PC and formal reference). As it turned out, the visa was granted but he didn't have to supply formal reference so it worked out ok.

• 3 years later...
Guest ukchris

Im in the process of doing my stat dec now, it is a bit hard as im more used to making things out of steel than all this paperwork, any tips for a self employed fabricator would not go a miss.