Tra

Guest doogie1

Guest doogie1

Can anyone tell me, how strick are the assessments? if you have only 4 yrs actual work experience but have all the certificates for training, would they still pass this or are they really not flexible.

Guest taylor family

Hi:)4 years is plenty so long as you have certs and the correct references telling the tra panel how you carry out your job.

What kind of job do you do :err:

all the best alan and laura taylor woodcroft.

Guest dglamoore

It would normally say in your TRA description how long you have to provide experience for. We had to show 6 years experience for the TRA and then 2 years in last 4 for visa which they have just changed to 12 months within the last 18 months. ;)

Lisa:jiggy:

Guest doogie1

Thanks alan and laura, i am an ex BT engineer so telecommunications, my only other concern is that i have been looking at various job sites for telecommunications engineer and they all seem to be networking, unfortunately i do not do networking, is there a need for customer service engineers?

Guest Leanne & Mark
Thanks alan and laura, i am an ex BT engineer so telecommunications, my only other concern is that i have been looking at various job sites for telecommunications engineer and they all seem to be networking, unfortunately i do not do networking, is there a need for customer service engineers?

Hi can ask what you mean by networking?? and what sites you have looked on? My OH is a regional project manager for a structured cabling company. We are going back 10/12yrs to his army training in Radio comms and telecoms for our TRA (General communications tradesperson)

What are you applying under?

applying under general communications tradesperson, but am a field engineer in telecommunications and digital satellite installations, trying to find out about vacancies within australia, any pointers on recruitment agencies over there for this type of work?

Hi there, the local equivallent to sky over there is foxtel, i would have a look at their web site and see if there are any career links on this which would hopefully give you an idea.

Employment companies, I have been checking on www.careerone.au and they have a large variety of employment types on there, which may give you a little bit of a head start.

best wishes

Guest Leanne & Mark

Hi Doogie

Are you doing the TRA alone?? we are using Go Matilda, but i think we will do the visa ourselves.

I've been googling things like 'Structured Cabling jobs/ projects South Australia' and seeing what that brings up, but i think we'll just have to wait til we get there. Mark is also going try and get his Electrician cert before we go, it seems you have to get re-licensed when you get there but we noticed that Datacoms was done by electricians so some of the positions were asking for both, plus with his prince 2 cert, he should have by then, it just gives us more options.

Leanne

hi leanne, yes we are doing on our own, you said going back 10/12 years for general communications, do you not have to be currently in this field to apply? i must admit it is so confusing all the information is diferent on each site, we are just going to apply for TRA, hope for the best as OH left BT in 2004 and is now a digital satellite field engineer, but do not think this is counted as a closley related occupation?

Have emailed TRA but they are not giving anything away

Guest Leanne & Mark

Not that i know of, Mark hasn't had huge hands on exp, he has been fortunate, and managed to get head hunted by some big companies, and went straight up to management. He got an nvq whilst in army, for radio, telecoms, signal etc. He then got city & guilds in copper & fibre cabling networks, when he got out. he still does structured cabling networks but manager instead. If he was going as a linesperson, then he would need to be more exact to job. I think its cos as it states its a 'General' communications tradesperson.

I surely hope so any way.!!

Hi Leanne,

Thanks for that, we are going for it anyway, as just been informed that he can also use his digital satellite field engineering also which is what he does now, well good luck, hopefully both have good news soon???