Help! three years to get skilled visa?

Guest The Conroys

Guest The Conroys

Hi

I'm new to PIA and just starting the process of getting to OZ, my husband is a Joiner and after just calling a migration agent they have told me it will be at least three years to get a visa. We have started getting paperwork together for Vetasses but was wondering if anybody has had the same experience or can give advice:confused:.

Confused

Terri

Guest The Dimmocks
Hi

I'm new to PIA and just starting the process of getting to OZ, my husband is a Joiner and after just calling a migration agent they have told me it will be at least three years to get a visa. We have started getting paperwork together for Vetasses but was wondering if anybody has had the same experience or can give advice:confused:.

Confused

Terri

Hi, Welcome to PIA. My husband is also a joiner. We were granted our visa back in July 09. Alot of changes happened to the processing of visas back in Sept 09 which pushed certain skills (joiner being one) down the processing scale. Lots of people have been affected on here.

Good luck in your journey to getting visa and there are plently of people on here to help along the way with questions.

Michelle

Guest martin77

I know when i applied for my Visa my trade was very much in demand ( Printer). It still took almost 2 years to actually get the visa. I'm not sure if things have changed since then, ours was granted early 08.

The time does go very fast and if im honest, looking back i'm glad it took a long time. Gave us alot of time to really get ourselves and our family ready for the move.

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Hi

Confused

Terri

Hi Terri,

i am afraid that three years is what they are averaging now, my husband and I started the process Jan-Feb last year we were told we could be out there by Aug 2010, then just as our visa was lodged, everything changed, his skill has also moved down the list, it a required skill but not a critical skill, so we too are waiting.

It will give you more time, to organise, work things out, understand a lot of things too, the first few months of gathering information and sending off documentation, etc is a busy time, once all your paper work is approved thats when the waiting begins and (no disrespect meant) if age and time are on your side your ok.

We are slightly disheartened :skeptical: but NOT enough to forget what we aiming for :) You can find the details on the visa bureau web pages (if you have nt looked there already

Regards

Tanya

Guest JoTanCalOwen

From Web site

Australia Visa Processing Priorities: Australian Visa Bureau

How does the Australia visa priority processing order work?

Essentially, the priority processing order determines how quickly your visa application will be processed after lodging it to DIAC. If you are Priority 1, 2, 3 or 4, this should only be a matter of months, whereas Priority 5, 6 and 7 applicants are currently not scheduled to be processed until approx. 2012. However, timeframes are all subject to change, being very dependent on the demands of the Australian economy and DIAC.

see what the link web page says

Carpenter Joiner is on prioty 6, same as my husband .. so looking at approx 2012 sorry not news you were looking for am sure

Tanya

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello there,

I cannot find anything out about time line for priority onen, or have I heard anything about it sorry, Good Luck

Sorry to jump on this post, but can anyone advice how long a priority 1 would take ?

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Good morning,

Read the attached links, the Government are changing everthing, try to read and digest it or get an agent to explain it to you, not sure how long the waiting times are going to be or even if some skills are even going to be considerd now.

Sorry to be the bearer of 'not so good news'

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Immigration, Visas & Citizenship : British Expat Discussion Forum

Major Australian visa changes announced by immigration minister

Australian MODL - Migration Occupations in Demand List: Australian Visa Bureau

Hi

Confused

Terri

Hi also a newbie to PIA and in the very early stages !!!

If we keep in mind the process may take 3 years to approval, giving us a chance to get planning and visit, what happens if we get offered the visa earlier?

Is there a time limit imposed on the visa?

Can we still have a 3-4 year plan or will we need to speed things up!?

Thanks

Von xx

Joiners continue to be on the wanted skilled occupations lists of several States and Territories => if you can secure such Sponsorship a skilled visa application will move up the processing pecking order and a timeline of somewhat less than 3 years can reasonably be anticipated.

6 to 9 months is more probable - once the visa application has been lodged.

With changes on the way to the Skilled Occupations List (the threshold list for all general skilled visa applications) and a need to undertake the VETASSESS skills assessment pathway if you are a Joiner in the UK before you can lodge the skilled visa application (the next set of VETASSESS practicals is in June 2010) one has to be clear as to the risks if you decide to press the "go" button sooner rather than later - but it may well be the case that s/he who dares wins!

Best regards.

Hi also a newbie to PIA and in the very early stages !!!

If we keep in mind the process may take 3 years to approval, giving us a chance to get planning and visit, what happens if we get offered the visa earlier?

Is there a time limit imposed on the visa?

Can we still have a 3-4 year plan or will we need to speed things up!?

Thanks

Von xx

Hello Von.

You can "validate" the visa after grant (by simply holidaying in Australia - this must take place within 12 months of the earlier of the date of the medical examinations and the date of the police clearance certificates - all new visaholders must validate), and then move to Australia a year or three afterwards.

In fact the visa allows you to enter Australia at any time up to 5 years following visa grant.

Best regards.