advise on agents to use

Guest kerry1978

Guest kerry1978

We're just in the decision making stages at the moment (have been for the last 6yrs) whether to move to Oz.

Does anyone have any recommendations for migration agents they have used?

Thank you in advance x

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Kerry,

Best thing to do is, do google search, make a couple of calls, find out fees etc, and go from there, we are using Visa Bureau, had no trouble at all, and nothing seems to be too much trouble, but thats my opinion and experience.

Good luck with your plans

Tanya

There are a couple who seem to get consistently good feedback: Go Matilda (Alan posts on here regularly and seems a nice guy, willing to help out above and beyond) and Sheri at Migrate Mates, who's a really lovely lady - although she's based in Queensland, she has quite a few clients now that come to Adelaide for various reasons.

http://www.gomatilda.com

Migrate Mates

We have just been granted our 176 and we used Sherie at Migrate Mates

Sherie is wonderful we could not have done it without her, i can recommend her highly.

Ps If you do a recce visit we used Home 2 Home Settlements the ladies their are very knowledgeable about Adelaide and the surrounding areas. They saved us wasting loads of time on our visit to Adelaide.

hi, we used Darren Chatt of Visa-Go in Edinburgh and he was really good, as ours was non-standard case. Visa-Go and many other usually at Emigration Expo, not sure if one Sheffield way, but know Glasgow at SECC mid-March - good luck

Guest thekings

We too used Ian Harrop, cant praise him enough got our visa in under 7 months, thought it was going to take 12!!! He's very helpful as is his team and sends out an invaluable information pack including DVD upon enquiring alone. :):notworthy:

Guest motlyman

Another vote here for Ian Harrop too. Highly recommended.

I say this because we had some major complications which he sorted out including changing the visa we were applying for.

Been here 3 yrs now.

Colin

We used Global Visas in London and wouldn't have got a visa without them. We went from starting skills assessment to receiving permanent resident visa in 11 months.

Just a note on Global Visas, and people can draw their own conclusions from this. Over the last 2 months, they registered several false user accounts on our sister site pomsinoz.com and proceeded to pass themselves off as satisfied customers of Global Visas whilst suggesting any other agents mentioned in posts may be 'untrustworthy' as they hadn't heard of them As to their attitude when we discovered this ruse and challenged them about it, well, it's not what I'd expect from a professional company and that's putting it mildly.

Just a note on Global Visas, and people can draw their own conclusions from this. Over the last 2 months, they registered several false user accounts on our sister site pomsinoz.com and proceeded to pass themselves off as satisfied customers of Global Visas whilst suggesting any other agents mentioned in posts may be 'untrustworthy' as they hadn't heard of them As to their attitude when we discovered this ruse and challenged them about it, well, it's not what I'd expect from a professional company and that's putting it mildly.

Extremely surprised to hear this about Global. I know several very happy clients of theirs and wouldn't have thought they would need to make them up.

I had originally sought advice from a company called Visa Plus who said my qualification was no good to get a pr visa for Australia. Global then sought advice from Australian Immigration on my behalf and found that they would accept my HND qualification as an acceptable equivalent. Just goes to show that everyone's circumstances are different and you need agents with good relationships with Australian Immigration as things are not always black and white.

Guest DanandJanna

I would recommend Byron Pugh at Australian Migration and Visa Lawyers, the are based in Brisbane. Very professional, know the system inside out and are aware of upcoming changes in legislation long before it happens. seems you have plenty to choose from anyway, good luck!

Dan