RSMA offer

Guest Mackem

Out of the blue been offered one of these and a job to start as soon as I can get there,what I was wondering is what are the Pros/Cons of this route over the normal Visa route.

From what I have been told :

The visa requires you to work for the employer for 2 consecutive years, at

which time I beleive you can apply for citizenship.

So in effect I am tied to one employer and if I dont like the job/area I have to go home?

I also posted this on POI so sorry if any of you have read this twice :)

Any help much appreciated.

Steve.

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi I found this web page, it seems to back up what you have stated already, not too sure tho, would seek advice from an agent if you cannot get your complete answer here or on PIA

Regional Skilled Migration Scheme Australia: Australian Visa Bureau

Good luck

Out of the blue been offered one of these and a job to start as soon as I can get there,what I was wondering is what are the Pros/Cons of this route over the normal Visa route.

So in effect I am tied to one employer and if I dont like the job/area I have to go home?

Steve.

Guest Guest5035

You'll be right there for 2 years, it'll go quick. Friends of ours did the same but to Narrandra in NSW, that was a one horse town, they now live on the gold coast.

Stevo

Steve.

Hi I think you will find that since July 2007 it now takes 4 years residence for you to be eligible for Citizenship.

Hi I think you will find that since July 2007 it now takes 4 years residence for you to be eligible for Citizenship.

What benefits will Citizenship have over permanent residency which the RSMA would give me ?

Do not understand your question .

RSMS visa is a PR visa just one sponsored by an employer with various conditions applied.

Citizenship on all Pr visas is now 4 years.

PR has to pay Uni fees upfront Citizen can defer payment or get 20% discount for paying upfront

Pr has to get RRV if leaving country after

last date on visa label Citizen gets Aus Passport

Pr cannot Vote Citizen Has to Vote

Do not understand your question .

RSMS visa is a PR visa just one sponsored by an employer with various conditions applied.

Citizenship on all Pr visas is now 4 years.

Sorry I am new to it all and dont understand what benefits citizenship would give me.

Is the fact its sponsored going to make any differance to me other than the fact I will need to stay with the same employer for 2 years?

I am curious as to wether I would be better off taking another route or if I should grab this RSMS while I can.

Thanks for the help,

Steve.

If you are aware of the restrictions of Sponsored Visa as long as they are a Pr Visa they are a good way of getting out and Knowing you have a job to go to.

We came out on another type of Pr Visa Known as a Labour agreement .

Company paid all costs so all in all a very good outcome for us.

But Husband had been working for this company in Uk for 10 years so most terms an conditions were the same so no surprises.

If you are aware of the restrictions of Sponsored Visa as long as they are a Pr Visa they are a good way of getting out and Knowing you have a job to go to.

We came out on another type of Pr Visa Known as a Labour agreement .

Company paid all costs so all in all a very good outcome for us.

But Husband had been working for this company in Uk for 10 years so most terms an conditions were the same so no surprises.

Thanks for your help, I am guessing that Labour agreement Visa' are pretty rare.

I Think I will need to speak to a migration expert and see what my options are.

Steve.