Average time waiting for shipment to arrive?

Guest mayjess

Guest mayjess

Hi all

we arrive in Adelaide 16th April, we are wondering when to get our stuff packed up to leave, the shipping company said it takes about 7wks, our stuff will be in a shared container, so was going to ask to get packed up end Feb, what I dont want is for it to arrive to early & pay for it to be held in storage, anybody with some ideas ????

Thanks

Mayjess

Guest mayjess

Thanks for your replies, think getting it all packed up end of Feb will be best then, its going to be easier managing without my stuff here than over there, as I have family etc here who can lend me items.

Mayjess

Our stuff went last week, we arrive in Adelaide 10th March but don't need our stuff until 24th April. Our shippers said allow 10-12 weeks for a part load as it was groupage. It all depends on when the container gets filled, could be waiting on 2 or 3 different batches. We have 4 weeks without any possessions now in the UK - great when you want to cook a meal................

Guest mayjess
Our stuff went last week, we arrive in Adelaide 10th March but don't need our stuff until 24th April. Our shippers said allow 10-12 weeks for a part load as it was groupage. It all depends on when the container gets filled, could be waiting on 2 or 3 different batches. We have 4 weeks without any possessions now in the UK - great when you want to cook a meal................

Haha, I best start aquiring some old furniture now then, its my bed il miss the most, somehow an airbed doesnt sound/feel appealing after a hard days work!!!!

Mayjess

ours took 10 weeks.........door to door! we sold our bedroom furniture though and bought when we got a rental!!!! saved us having to suffer the airbeds........which can only be a good thing!!!

Obviously the rental had a cooker - so we bought a microwave and kettle n toaster......and a second hand fridge.....even if you are shipping a fridge from the UK - a second fridge is a good idea in Oz! then we went and spent about $200 on some crockery, kitchen stuff and candles!

Ikea was a big help and sams warehouse for cheap bits and bobs........just managed on the bare minimum until our stuff arrived 5 weeks later! -

ours was supposed to take 10-12 weeks and did get to Australia in 10 but took an extra month as the boat went to sydney instead of adelaide and it got off loaded, then they forgot to put the container back on when the ship left for Adelaide:goofy:, so then they put it on another boat that went to Melbourne and then eventually on a boat to adelaide!!!:arghh: None of this was the removers fault as once it was on te boat they have no control but they were fab at keeping us informed and got it to us as soon as it arrived, everything was intact too!!

Guest kangomik

shared containers tend to take longer, usually because of what your sharing with. It's good to see you don't get those horror stories about shared containers anymore.

Ours took 9 weeks door to door, and you could track it if you wanted too. Takes about a week to clear inspection this end if my memory serves me right

Our ship passed Adelaide without stopping, went to Melbourne, then Sydney then Melbourne again before finally deciding to call in at Adelaide, so it took an extra 10 days than we were originally told. In total, it took 3 weeks longer than the original docking date we were given. (Shipping line used was MSC)