TRA returned!!

Guest Mark & Rachel

Guest Mark & Rachel

A word of warning to everyone who has recently submitted their TRA - ours has been returned because of the withdrawal of the predominantly work experience pathway. Mark has more than 2 years training as a welder under his belt but no formal apprenticeship so this is a bitter blow to us.

The TRA application as a received stamp of 27 August on it, which is almost 2 weeks before the surprise announcement of these changes on 5 September which makes me think that TRA had been told in advance - they have even sent our cheque back.

Really hope this isn't happening to anyone else out there!!!

Guest Mark & Rachel

Thanks everyone for your messages.

I think we might be ok after all, Mark has thought about it rationally while I have been stamping my feet and we might be able call his period of training an informal apprenticeship.

Fingers crossed.

Guest Aussiebound
Thanks everyone for your messages.

I think we might be ok after all, Mark has thought about it rationally while I have been stamping my feet and we might be able call his period of training an informal apprenticeship.

Fingers crossed.

Hi

Sorry to hear about TRA being returned. I happened to be on the phone to my agent the day the news from TRA came in about this, she told me that a lot us here think we have no qualifications, just experience, but in fact Australians take on-the-job training seiously and class it as informal apprenticeships. As long as Mark followed a basic training type format with his reference for his first job in welding he should be ok.

Neil is also going over on his welding skills, he followed an informal apprenticeship (in Australians eyes, over here it was just 'learning the job') but, luckily, also went to college and did his city and guilds. Do you want me to PM you Neils statutory declaration that we did for his training? Might help you a bit with the type of layout etc they need for informal apprenticeship.

Hope this all makes sense.

Sarah

Guest Mark & Rachel

Hi Sarah,

That would be brilliant, we're working towards putting something together to account for an informal apprenticeship which is actually what he did - learning at college and then using those skills in the work place under supervision.

It just came as such a shock, think I took it for granted that it was a sure thing.

Thanks again.

Guest Leanne & Mark

:idea:I wonder if the TRA guys ever look on these forums ?! i think they shud then they'll bloody pass all of us when they see the heartache it all causes.

Can your OH not go and do a course (some of them only take a coupla wks) to get his cert' ?

Guest chillyanna

Hi all

sorry to hear of your bad news from the TRA.

well i am suprised that your TRA was knocked back, sounded ok to me and there has been college work done also. would your time in college have lead to a recognized qualification or certificate to back up your TRA? or can can you continue college untill you pass the course and gain a recognized qualification?

good luck for your next step

paul

Hi Mark and Rachel,

You sound like me Rachel, I'm the one who usually does the song and dance and Ian then comes up with a plan of strategy!

Fingers crossed for you both and I hope you can get round this. Do you have an agent? Maybe now would be a good time to get some advice?

Best of luck

J x

Guest dglamoore

Greg had to do his TRA as a metal polisher through the 'informal apprenticeship' path as no qualifications or formal apprenticeship were available - this pathway is still available so if I can help you out anyway give me a PM :wubclub:

Lisa:jiggy:

Guest Mark & Rachel

Hi Leanne and Mark,

My Mark already has the qualifications, I think TRA have just sent back everything that didn't indicate that people had done an apprenticeship. So we're going to re-submit decsribing his training as an informal apprenticeship which it was really. We'll get there!!

Thanks for your message.

Guest Mark & Rachel

Hi Paul,

Mark is a fully qualified welder to Rolls Royce and Ministry of Defence standards - he works on fighter pilot engines!!!

It just wasn't a formal apprenticeship, we're going to re-submit describing his training as an informal apprenticeship - we will sort this out!!

Thanks

Guest Aussiebound

Hi Mark and Rachel

I have just tried to PM you the Stat Dec but it was too long. Could you PM me your email address and I will send it to you via email. Tried to do this through the forum but it said you don't want to recieve emails.

Sarah