Pre-departure seminar

cormcvcr

Hi all,

Just want to pick your brains.

Our agent has just sent us an e-mail requesting us to go to a pre-departure seminar at the end of October in Manchester. The details of the seminar are about tax, pensions, cheaper flights.

Our migration agents Overseas Emigration had a link for anybody who had recently submitted their visa to be included in this seminar. If you were a client of O/E you get the tickets free and for all others it has a cost of £15 per person. We sent our details through e-mail a couple of days after we submitted our visa, but presumed that we would only hear about going to one of these when we were near the mark!!! (is this the case)

This is also around the 3 month mark since we submitted our visa application.

Is this good news?

Has anyone else done this and if so how long after that did you get your visa?

Any responses good, bad and/or indifferent will be greatly appreciated.

cheers

Don't know weather it makes you feel any better we submitted out visa on 20/6/07 and are also still waiting to hear. The seminar sounds intresting though the OH might see if he can go do you know if its on a weekend? might cause us problems other wise.

Its on 27th October, if you go to www.overseasemigration.co.uk there is a link to request information or tickets from that, if you are not a client of them it will be at a cost of £15.

I want to take it as a good thing because It is through our company and can't see them notifying us about this if we are going to be another year down the line, I don't know about you but I would need a refresher again on everything they told me.

Hi

I have just looked it up. They are holding it on the weekend of 27th & 28th October -

Sat 9.30 to 4.30 and Sun 10.00 to 4.00. We would both be interested, need all the help I can get to understand the financial side of things ie Tax, Pensions etc.

Be great to meet you guys too.;)

Karen

That sounds a good Idear if we can get a babysitter and I havnt got a christmas job by then I might come as well as Morgan. It would be good to meet some other "loopy fruits":D who are in the same boat as us.

Guest chillyanna

hi all

i too am thinking of going to this expo in manchester, that fact it is close to where i live is a bonus plus the chance to meet some PIA people!

i will keep up with this post

cheers

paul

We're planning to go. We missed one in London in Feb and have been waiting for another to happen. Anecdotally I have heard they can be good for some face to face time with propective employers / agencies as well as governement oficials. Thats in addition to the eseential info on pensions etc. I guess we'll find out when we go!

You can pre register at http://www.expo-australia.com/

Duncan

Hi again,

I contacted the seminar organisers and the event that is on the saturday 27th and sunday 28th is a totally different even from the one that we have been invited to.

The 27th/28th is for people who are either thinking of going or are already in the process, just to help them get any additional information that they feel they need.

The one for myself and my OH is a pre-departure meet and greet and is only going to be on the saturday, places are limited on this and has to be prebooked within the pre-departure seminar e-mail link.

Unfortunately for myself and OH we can't make this and have been advised that they are disappointed as the next one isn't until the spring in Edinburgh, so they are going to get the people who will be attending to contact us direct with all the information which they will cover. So as soon as I find out what this is and the information they supply, I will put a post on to let everyone know what it entails.

My OH loves his rock music and is going to Nottingham that weekend to see a number of bands that he may never see playing again and I train in Tae Kwon Do and have the Scottish Championships. I would love to have went to the pre-departure and stayed overnight for the seminar on the Sunday so that I could meet some of you guys, but it's not to be at this stage, maybe some other time.

but I'll keep in touch and let you know as soon as I have any other information and for those who can make the seminar, let me know how you get on.

many thanks.