work in another state

phil&Sue

Guest JoTanCalOwen
We're Moving to Adelaide in May but were wondering about working in a different state , my Wife maybe able to get a job with a company linked to her uk employers but its in NSW we are entering on my State Sponsored 176 visa has anyone any ideas, cheers

Sorry, if I am not mistaken as you are entering on State Sponsorship, I think you are 'bound' by it, to stay and work in SA for two years before you can move to other areas such as NSW, WA etc.

Would check with your case officer if you have one

Good luck

Hi

From threads in various forum about this, I think the conclusion is that there is nothing to prevent somebody from moving interstate eventhough you got a SS from a particular state. But it is better to tell them that you've moved for whatever reason that promp you to move.

For South Australia, when you applied to the SS, it is mentioned that you have agreed to live for two years there. Whether it becomes legally binding when you signed it, I am not sure.

regards

wijaya

Guest Lyndie Loue

We are comimg over on a 475 & it is my understanding that it is also a moral obligation on a 475 not a legal one. I spoke to a chap at the Expo in london on the SA stand & he did say that it is a moral obligation & (unfortunately) there is no policing with the 176, therefore its not ideal for the State that has sponsored you but far more flexible for the immigrant