Pre-application Skills Assessment, am I on the right site?

Guest tinajinks

Guest tinajinks

Hiya

Im looking at this site

ACS (Australian Computer Society) - Membership, Professionalism and Leadership for ICT Professionals and the ICT Community

and wonder if Im on the correct one to do my hubbys skills assesment online?

We have had our schedule of costs from an agent and they want £270 for doing that part alone..... does that mean its more complicated than just answering loads of questions? Has anyone here done it alone...or at least parts alone? Im just worried that if i do it and get something wrong ill be rejected and it will serve me right for not going through an agent.:wacko:

Please help someone!

By the way......hubby has to apply for state sponsorship as his occupation as a sparky doesnt count as he hasnt been hands on for a while , he now manages..project manager....so the agent said his best fit job on the list will be an electrical manager.

Thus limiting our places to apply to live, but SA is one she reccomends."Skilled Sponsored subclass 176 visas" is what she said we should go for, whatever that means.

Hi, I am not an expert in this area at all but am slightly confused on your OH's profession. It sounds as if his trade would be more associated with electrical work than as an IT professional, perhaps the electrical trade bodies may be a better place to look.

I might be wrong but as far as I was aware the ACS were only used to deal with the ‘computing’ professions that were listed on the old MODL list.

In my experience if you are in doubt on any area of your application you are better off with an experienced agent on board to help you through the process as I found the help of my agent invaluable during my ACS and DIAC applications.

If you end up going through the ACS I would strongly recommend Peter Chiam.

By the way......hubby has to apply for state sponsorship as his occupation as a sparky doesnt count as he hasnt been hands on for a while , he now manages..project manager....so the agent said his best fit job on the list will be an electrical manager.

Thus limiting our places to apply to live, but SA is one she reccomends."Skilled Sponsored subclass 176 visas" is what she said we should go for, whatever that means.

Hi. You mention sparky, project manager and electrical manager, but give a link to an IT assessment, so I doubt that's the right one. Obviously there have been recent changes to migration rules but if you've got the most recent SOL list this will have the ASCO codes for each occupation along with the relevant assessing authority. With these, you will be able to find the exact skills assessment required (got to say, I don't recall an 'electrical manager' from the list, but then I've never really looked for it!)

I don't mean this to come across the wrong way, but your last sentence suggests you're not very far down the road in migration terms, and I'd be finding out exactly what a "Skilled Sponsored subclass 176 visas" is (and familiarising myself with much else) before spending money either on an assessment or on agent fees.

Good luck, Jim