State Sponsorship hard copy documents

LaurenG

Hello Everybody,

I have completed the online state sponsorship application and I am now required to send the copies of documents requested but I am confused who can witness the signature on my documents.

When I completed the application for skills assessment I had to pay my doctor to certify the documents for me. Do I need to do the same for these? or can I get anybody (other than family) to witness this?

Any help appreciated.

Thank you, and have a good weekend.

Lauren :wubclub:

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Lauren,

I used a local solicitor and yes we paid them a one off fee and had to go back a couple of times but all was ok for us, I do not think the witness can be just anybody, on the forum somewhere some stated that a justice of the peace or similar can / might do it for free.

Good luck

Tanya

Hi Just had a look on the SA site

Q. Do you require all documents to be notarised?

A. Only the Financial Capacity and/or the Financial Support Pro Forma must be notarised or witnessed by a Notary Public, Justice of the Peace or a Bank, Diplomatic, Government or any other Official authorised to attest to the authenticity and accuracy of the information in the Pro Forma. All other documents must be true copies of the genuine document, they need not be certified.

So Just get the financials done by the bank and coloured copies for the rest. We just sent (un-notorised) copies of statements etc. Got our SS no probs for 163 within 2 weeks.

For your main DIAC application a doctor won't do - needs to be a JP , solicitor or Notary Public and they must stamp and sign everything and provide evidence that they are qualified to do this. We got a local solicitor to do them all (we did the copying) for £25 and we had loads of business stuff too - It took him 30 mins.

Although I believe if you upload coloured scans for an online application they don't need to be notorised. Check.

Guest MutleyCrew

Hi. We had our financial declation form signed by a justice of the peace last week. Went to the local Magistrates Court early in the morning and one of them witnessed all our supporting documents for us. Also got the Courts official stamp on the form. Cost £25.