temporary business visa-457

Guest Debs 15

Guest Debs 15

Hi, I am a student nurse, about to qualify in Sep 2010. I want to move to australia under an employer sponsorship visa. Does anyone have any advice or info on this matter. I have spoke to lots of migration agencies here in the UK but they all only deal with entering under skilled visas. Can anyone help.....? :confused:

Hi, I am a student nurse, about to qualify in Sep 2010. I want to move to australia under an employer sponsorship visa. Does anyone have any advice or info on this matter. I have spoke to lots of migration agencies here in the UK but they all only deal with entering under skilled visas. Can anyone help.....? :confused:

Hi Debs

I came over on the temp 457 and personally IMO i wouldn't recommend it. Is there any reason ur not considering the sate sponsorship 176 PR visa. Being a nurse there shouldn't be any reason u shouldn't get it.

1stly with the 457 u r not entitled to any form of family assistance/childcare benefit (sorry wasn't sure if u have children).

The main problem for me was that i really wasn't enjoying the job i was sponsored for but unless u then go looking for another sponsor u have to stay with that employer. Also when i did get my PR i then had to leave Australia to get the visa validated which is more expense.

Gd luck with everything.

Guest guest3462

You also have to be registered in the UK with the NMC for at least 12 months before you are eligible for skills assessment. We are here on a 457 visa and have just changed employers, it was reasonably straight forward with the visa status, the new hospital HR just did all the work and we just signed the documents. We will hopefully recieve our PR status this year and will have to depart the country for 14 days to allow the visa to be activated - a good excuse to go take a look in NZ I guess!!!

Also when i did get my PR i then had to leave Australia to get the visa validated which is more expense

Really!!! Not what we did when we got our P.R after a 457, this was in June 09.

Have we done something wrong?:confused:

Also when i did get my PR i then had to leave Australia to get the visa validated which is more expense

Really!!! Not what we did when we got our P.R after a 457, this was in June 09.

Have we done something wrong?:confused:

They would have let u know if u had to leave the country to activate the visa. Prob a different PR visa that's all.

Hi i have been looking into this too, I'm hoping that if I get the 457 I could then take my time in applying for the full skilled visa, all if and buts at the moment but may have an opportunity of employment. :cute:

There is a lot of information on this site;

Temporary Business (Long Stay) - Standard Business Sponsorship (Subclass 457)

Good luck x

Guest Debs 15

Thanks for the advice, did you mean that i still have to be registered with the NMC for 12 months even when applying through sponsorship? i was under the impression that this was the only option for a newly qualified nurse with out experience, i know that if i was to apply through the skilled visa then i would need 1yrs experience before applying?