jeez £1.65...what a nightmare

Guest LEE & DONNA

Guest LEE & DONNA

well the dollar has hit £1.65 we couldnt afford to come out while its this low, just wonder how many other people are in the same boat.:arghh:

well the dollar has hit £1.65 we couldnt afford to come out while its this low, just wonder how many other people are in the same boat.:arghh:

Its not going to get anybetter for a very long time even if it will again, so why wait take your cash over deposit it u will make more intrest there, we r in the same boat but bitting the bullet, no point waiting for something that will prob never happen.

Guest mOZzy

we thought long and hard but just went for it!

no use waiting any longer - you could live your dream already ;)

will that bit more really make such a difference?!?!

Guest Nick11

There are threads on british expats of the pound collapsing and the pound to the dollar reaching 1;1 - now that is a very scary thought for would be poms.

Guest mimasawrus

We were hanging on for it to go up, but decided to take the plunge at $1.74, a week or so ago we could see no end to the drop. We feel a lot happier now the money is here with us and gaining interest.

Laurax:arghh:

Guest Nick11
On our sister sister site, pomsinoz there's lots of talk about the exchange rate getting a lot worse if there's a hung parliament in the UK, which is apparently a real possibility.

I wonder how many people here would cash up and go back to the uk if the pound and the dollar were 1;1!!!

Guest emmaandlee

We are moving out in April, and I think it is going to be 'transfer as little as possible!’

Shipping more items over is now definitely being considered...

Guest Nick11
funny, we were just talking about this today Nick, have to be honest, it might be tempting, especially as I could live happily in either place.

Might be. Move back when its 1;1 -wait 5 years and come back when the exchange rate goes up to say 2.5.

Could make retirement a whole lot easier:biglaugh:

Guest kangomik

I think quite a lot will go back / have started to go back. Lets face it they will be at least mortgage free with some cash in the bank.

Getting a job could be a different thing all together, and it's this sort of info that i guess we are sheltered from.

If it went to 1:1 just think how much money you would take back, especially with the house prices still rising.

To the OP, tough decision mate, and really tough if you don't have work lined up already. I have seen many people wait 6 months or more for work now. Thats a lot of dosh spent while your waiting, not to mention the stress.

BUT....... there has to be one........ we banked on 2.50 to 2.60, we got just under 2.10 by the time we got here, so things changed........ but would i go back? No immediate intentions, lets put it that way!:)

Guest Nick11
I think quite a lot will go back / have started to go back. Lets face it they will be at least mortgage free with some cash in the bank.

Getting a job could be a different thing all together, and it's this sort of info that i guess we are sheltered from.

If it went to 1:1 just think how much money you would take back, especially with the house prices still rising.

To the OP, tough decision mate, and really tough if you don't have work lined up already. I have seen many people wait 6 months or more for work now. Thats a lot of dosh spent while your waiting, not to mention the stress.

BUT....... there has to be one........ we banked on 2.50 to 2.60, we got just under 2.10 by the time we got here, so things changed........ but would i go back? No immediate intentions, lets put it that way!:)

I do think that if you're thinking of going back - the exchange rate so much in your favour could just tip you over the edge.

Its just the idea of what you're returning to that puts the fear of god in me!!!:arghh:

Guest moonraker1959
:arghh::confused: Can you imagine those long long winters?:sad::goofy:

You mean the same long winters Adelaide has?Usually winter only goes for 3 months does'nt it?,Unless SA has shortened their winters?At the moment I am looking out my window,at clear blue sky and bright sunshine!It actually feels quite warm outside!

Guest Guest75
You mean the same long winters Adelaide has?Usually winter only goes for 3 months does'nt it?,Unless SA has shortened their winters?At the moment I am looking out my window,at clear blue sky and bright sunshine!It actually feels quite warm outside!

You've just had one of the worst winters in living memory, not often you get clear blue sky in Winter in the UK - apart from when it's really frosty.

You really can't compare the two.

Back on topic......

I know some folk who came out here years ago when it was 1 : 1, they have never had a lot of money here but would do it all over again.