Judge For Yourself

csobrien1966

I Just Want To Say To All People Coming From The Uk

Asking Questions About Areas And Schools Etc Can Open An Unbelievable

Can Of Worms On These Type Of Forums.

Let Me Just Say That Adelaide And Make No Mistake Can Be The Loneliest Place On Earth If You Dont Know Anyone Here. You Can Arrange Meet Ups When You Get Here And There Are A Lot Of People That Will Help You And Show You Around.

There Are Good And Bad Areas And When I Say Bad I Dont Think It Is Anywhere Near To As Bad As Places In The Uk, That Must Be True Or Why Are We All Here?

Why Not Just Come Over Rent For At Least 3 Months Get A Hire Car And Drive Around And Look For Yourself.

It Is The Best Unbiased Way Of Answering Any Of The Questions You Have.

What Is Good For The Goose And All That

It Is No Picnic Here But Also Can Be A Great Place Depending On What You Put In As Well.

To Say That Only Good Kids Go To Private School And Those Who Dont Are Just Feral Is A Stupid Thing To Say.................................................................

But To Be A Hypocrite And Send Your Kids To A So Called Religious School When You May And See I Said "may" Not Be Christian Is Ok I Guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave The Nasty Opinions Out Dont Be Blind, Research Before Coming Over And When You Get Here Meet Up With Some People And Go Around And See Areas At Different Times Of The Day And Week End So You See It At Night End Of School Times Etc For Yourself.

I Think The Class Structure From The Uk Is Starting To Develop On Forums, Now Lets Hope It Does Not Get Into Society.

I Have Been Reading Etc On The 2 Forums In Adelaide And It Seems It Is Only The Poms That Have A Keep Up With Jones's Mentality

Thank God The Ozzies Dont Think The Same

Its A Great Place Or S**t Place

You Decide

Guest dglamoore

Great post and very true - too many people I know believe something to be gospel purely because they have read it on a forum :elvis:

We personaly love it here but I have friends that are not so happy and another one that booked her return flight home after one day and is now back in the uk as she hated Adelaide and everything about it:wideeyed:

Quite often a picture is painted by what you read and it just does not stack up when you arrive - and people you think will be friends from forums/msn etc turn out to be the sort of people you would not mix with after all :o

I love adelaide and have some lovely firends but do sometimes wonder at some of the posts that are about. Come with an open mind and decide yourself when you get here. What I love others hate and vice versa - would be a boring world if we all wanted the same thing from life :wubclub:

Lisa

Guest dale_jo@

Too True!!!!!!

I Love Adelaide some hate it and think its boring and too quiet!!!

It`s the same in life ( What you put out you get back ten fold!)!!!!!!!!!!

All I Say Is Give It A Go!!!!!!! Make your mind up and don`t let others make it for You!!!

Guest sarahsmartiepants

Although I agree with some of what has been said, I have to ask though isnt that the point of a forum????? Ask a question, get a few answers?????

You have to give it a go, a blo**y good go, you need a fair while to know it is or is not for you. To me a fair while would be at least 2 yrs, as so much can change in that time, how anyone can get here and instantly go home is beyond me!

Questions about areas and schools do usually open a can of worms, but agian that is the nature of a forum. I think the real problem is, not what people say about something but how people in the uK take it and use.

Coming here and looking is the best way to find out, but I think a few questions on here are a good way to get the feel for the place.....as long as it doesnt get taken for the truth...because at the end of the day they are someone elses opinions, and we are all different...thank god....

Although I agree with some of what has been said, I have to ask though isnt that the point of a forum????? Ask a question, get a few answers?????

You have to give it a go, a blo**y good go, you need a fair while to know it is or is not for you. To me a fair while would be at least 2 yrs, as so much can change in that time, how anyone can get here and instantly go home is beyond me!

Questions about areas and schools do usually open a can of worms, but agian that is the nature of a forum. I think the real problem is, not what people say about something but how people in the uK take it and use.

Coming here and looking is the best way to find out, but I think a few questions on here are a good way to get the feel for the place.....as long as it doesnt get taken for the truth...because at the end of the day they are someone elses opinions, and we are all different...thank god....

I AGREE AGAIN!! BUT TO SAY THAT IF YOU DONT GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS THEN YOU ARE FERAL IS IDIOTIC AND NARROW MINDED...........................................................

Guest sarahsmartiepants
I AGREE AGAIN!! BUT TO SAY THAT IF YOU DONT GO TO PRIVATE SCHOOLS THEN YOU ARE FERAL IS IDIOTIC AND NARROW MINDED...........................................................

PP didnt say if you dont go to private school then you are feral.

That is what I meant when i said it is down to how people interpret posts.

A bit like chinese whispers:wacko:.

PP didnt say if you dont go to private school then you are feral.

That is what I meant when i said it is down to how people interpret posts.

A bit like chinese whispers:wacko:.

OOOOHHHHH ALL FRIENDS ON HERE I SEE

NO HE SAID ONLY GOOD KIDS HE KNOWS ARE LOOKING AT WOODCROFT OR TATACHILLA (TATACHILLA IS PRIVATE) THE LOCAL SCHOOLS ONLY ENTERTAIN FERALS

NOW YOU TELL ME WHAT THAT MEANS????????????????????????????????

PP HAS HAD MORE NAME CHANGES THAN PRINCE OR THE SYMBOL FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE LITTLE BLOKE WHO SANG PURPLE RAIN

FORUMS ARE NOT TO HAVE PERSONAL POPS AT PEOPLE

I have to agree with sarahsmartiepants the whole point of these forums is to ask questions and get opinions and I read things as I would listen to my friends for example I would ask several friends for their opinions so that I can get a picture of things I then make up my own mind.:jiggy:

I don't think these forums work particularly well if people can not give an opinion without worrying about what someone will then post in response to THEIR opinion. I rarely write on these things and just listen but feel that I have to say that people are entitled to their opinions and should not be slated for that. I am sure that most people on here are bright enough to work out that their are always varying opinions and that just one person isn't the truth and nothing but the truth:policeman:

Guest dglamoore

The idea of this thread I think was just to say listen to opinions but still keep an open mind - do not rely solely on what others say, which believe it or not a lot of people do!!!

Of course the whole purpose of forums is to give information to help others but often personal feelings against others get in the way and the bickering starts :err: I myself have got a lot of info from forums and made some good friends - but I have also read completely incorrect info that others believe as true simply because someone has posted it :huh:

I always tend to go overboard on the research bit but some people will just read something and make a decision purely on what they read so it is just to say be careful to judge things yourself too:jiggy:

Opinions are all well and good if from PERSONAL experience

Lisa :o