Need to get my parents into OZ

Guest lize smit

Guest lize smit

Hi everyone, we have permanent residence visas since October 2009. Currently 3 months in Oz. Want to get my parents here permanently but they are unable to come cause of the balance of the family test. Thinking of doing a Visa 676 (long stay visitor visa) for them but how do I get one without the condition 8503 on it. I want to apply for a contributing parent visa while they are here but then would need a Visa 676 without condition 8503 on it. Has anyone done this before?:arghh:

LIZ

Hi everyone, we have permanent residence visas since October 2009. Currently 3 months in Oz. Want to get my parents here permanently but they are unable to come cause of the balance of the family test. Thinking of doing a Visa 676 (long stay visitor visa) for them but how do I get one without the condition 8503 on it. I want to apply for a contributing parent visa while they are here but then would need a Visa 676 without condition 8503 on it. Has anyone done this before?:arghh:

LIZ

If they don't meet the balance of family test, then just getting them in Oz on a tourist visa (with or without no further stay condition) isn't going to help with a contributary parent visa.

To get a parent visa they must pass balance of family test. If it is not possible to move other family members to OZ so they can meet this then they will need to look at other visas to come to OZ.

Suggest talking to an agent to get a better idea of the options.

My parents are in their 60's. They came here last year and stayed for 3 months. They bought a car and camping gear and went exploring. It's quite a process to stay here permanently. The places are limited and there's a queue. There's a large bond to be deposited as well.

Maybe start off with "short term" visits of 3 months. Brit passport holders get medicare cover. They can also hop over to New Zealand and then spend another 3 months here.

Tamara

I have been looking at this recently too, but we want mine here to help us develop our business as my dad is only 58, however, there doesn't seem any easy way, the only route is the contributory parent, however, that involves high costs, which are even higher at present taking into account the exchange rate. We are just re-assessing at present, for various reasons, mainly the exchange rate and timescales, we really needed them here asap.

Good luck with it

Guest nishman

The CPV is quite a long winded process, involves a fair bit of money both for the visa and the assurance of support. It is dependant on passing the balance of family test.

We are in the final thows of this for the MIL - AoS interview with Centrelink next week. She started the process in July 2008, so start to finish will be 24 months.

We were advised we needed to be here 2 years as a rule of thumb to be able to sponsor her, and didn't need to be citizens - just settled. Others may advise you could get away with a shorter time here. No duration requirement is given specifically, only the requirement to demonstrate that you are setteled - i.e. evidence of tax returns, house, business etc

Guest katsmajic

BoF is the key, we're trying to overcome that at the mo with getting my bro over here.

My mum loves it here, wants to work etc but can't as been on a holiday visa, not even allowed to do voluntary work at salvo shop.

We're classed as settled '2 years' and once bro is here we can get mums application in...and wait and pay!

Just got to do figures again as when we set out on our adventure it was within realistic financial boundaries....