Australian Embassies in Bali???

Guest caoimhe

Guest caoimhe

We are currently here on a temp 496 and have applied for employer sponsor PR which is in the process. Unfortunately we could not apply for the ONSHORE RSMS visa due to our current visa so have applied for the OFFSHORE RSMS.

When/If the visa is granted we will need to leave the country, go to an embassy and get the new visa's in the passport and come home to validate.

I'm interested to hear from anyone who has done this and where they went.

I would like to go tho Bali as I think that if we are going to spend that much money I would like a holiday I would enjoy but I am not sure if Bali has an Embassy. They do have a Australian Consulate-General but I don't know if we can go there, does anyone know?

Jakarta does have an Embassy so does anyone know how far it would be from Bali to Jakarta, could we do a day trip?

All help is appreciated

Thanks

Hi we came to oz on 457 then had no choice but to apply for the 176 off shore visa, we went to NZ to validate, we had to go to Auckland that was the cheapest easiest office to go to. If you check immi.gov.au and look at overseas offices this will give you a list of all the possible embassies you could go to in the world. I think Bali is on there but you would have to check and different offices require different length of times to process the visas etc.

Hope this helps Heidi x

Guest caoimhe

Thanks Heidi,

I thought NZ would be the easiest place but really fancy a holiday in Bali...I have been on that webpage and Bali has an Australian Consulate-General but am not sure if they can issue the visa or if it has to be an Embassy

Guest monnyb20

Hi We had also to leave oz to activate our pr..We went to the embassy in Denpasar.Its a very quick but scarey process.Only three persons (regardless of the fact u may have more than one child) is permitted into the tiny officeunder armed guards.

It was a case of putting a bit of paper into ur passport.U have to nominate ur preffered embassy and they (the imigration office adelaide) then send ur details to where u are going and send u paper work to take with u..They (embassy) will have ur details on there pc...very easy but weird process....When u have ur passport stamped and primary visa holder has to be the first to enter oz waters..ie.They have to be the first in line when u come back into oz to get passport stamped.Thats when u become resenents..Phew!

Guest monnyb20

Hi ...again,We stayed in Legan (Where the bombing was) and went to denpasar..onlt 20 mins by taxi,were home in a few hours as we had a look about....everything is so close by as its a very small place.Just be awear that as u fly into bali it looks like ur gonna roll off the runway...Very cheap for food and hotel spent way less than thought cheers good luck.

Guest caoimhe
Hi ...again,We stayed in Legan (Where the bombing was) and went to denpasar..onlt 20 mins by taxi,were home in a few hours as we had a look about....everything is so close by as its a very small place.Just be awear that as u fly into bali it looks like ur gonna roll off the runway...Very cheap for food and hotel spent way less than thought cheers good luck.

Thank you very much for the help