ss financial declaration - notary public ???

LaurenG

Sorry me again, :wubclub:

Still stuck on who can witness/sign/stamp the financial declaration form for state sponsorship.

I have been to the bank and they said they cannot stamp it as they are not authorised... she said because they are front of house staff they cannot witness and stamp the form. (i expect she was just being awkward.) :mad:

My doctor has said he will but charges £20 for the pleasure of doing so... which I expect I will have to pay.

As once last attempt of a freebie signature/stamp I was thinking are headteachers classed as notary public?? As I am a school teacher and could ask my schools head... although I would be spilling the beans on my plans to move but I guess it will have to come out some time.

Lauren :wubclub:

Guest monnyb20

Hi You can go to your local JP..There free and will have the right stamps ect to do this..(we had to).You will find them through ur local council and As i said there FREE good luck x

Hi

We have an account at the Nationwide & they were happy to sign it. We didn't need proof of funds as they were only signing to say what we were declaring that we had the funds.

Barclays would have signed if we had held a current account with them.

Abbey refused to sign although we have a mortgage & 3 accounts with them.

Tracey

Guest needtogonow

I asked my bank mananger at my local branch to do it and she also refused, two days later I went to another branch of the same bank and asked the counter clerk to do it without any problems!

Bex.x

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi there,

I know you said for free so good luck with the finding your local JP, we also paid a local Solicitor, literally round corner (walking distance), £20 they were very good and we had to go back a couple of times and they charged us no more, to get to our JP it meant a trip to town, either petrol and parking or train costs so the £20 outweighed going to town especially as we had to go to our local Solicitors a couple of times.

Good luck

Tanya

Guest wijaya

Hi there

When i did mine, my local solicitor onli charged me £ 5.

You don't have to go to notary public, because it is expensive. any solicitor will do.

regards

wijaya

Guest panther

Still stuck on who can witness/sign/stamp the financial declaration form for state sponsorship.

I have been to the bank and they said they cannot stamp it as they are not authorised... she said because they are front of house staff they cannot witness and stamp the form. (i expect she was just being awkward.) :mad:

My doctor has said he will but charges £20 for the pleasure of doing so... which I expect I will have to pay.

As once last attempt of a freebie signature/stamp I was thinking are headteachers classed as notary public?? As I am a school teacher and could ask my schools head... although I would be spilling the beans on my plans to move but I guess it will have to come out some time.

I can not believe that a doctor would charge for a signature on any form be it a passport or whatever.

I am a JP in Marino and i am often amazed at the stories people tell me about the difficulty in finding a JP in Adelaide.

Panther

Hi Lauren, we took ours to our bank (Barclays) and just asked the assistant to witness our signature. He then sign and stamped it and we now have our sponsorship. There was no charge at all.

• 1 month later...
Guest r_1159

I took the form to my bank in Iran and they mentioned the amount and stampes it. The problem is that the stamp is in Farsi language and not english but the amount is mentioned in english does SA accept this form ?

Guest Janine3979

Hiya,

We were unsure who could sign and went down to the local police station and they signed it with no charge, and everything went through fine.

Hi

We have an account at the Nationwide & they were happy to sign it. We didn't need proof of funds as they were only signing to say what we were declaring that we had the funds.

Hi sorry if I'm asking a stupid question but do you just write a letter stating you have £x funds available made up of physical & liquid assets, or is there more to it?

cheers :wubclub:

Hi

Our agent gave us a form to complete. We had to state how much cash, assets (this included jewellery, cars, house profit) etc that we had & then get it signed. The funds weren't checked as the bank were just signing to say that we had declared we had the funds.

Tracey