our visa is lodged but how long is the wait?

Guest Nicky B

Guest Nicky B

Hi,

We were given state sponsorship last year and our visa has been lodged with the case officer but after this we put our application on hold until I had our second baby. He was born in November and we have added him to our application but our agency don't know how long it will be until we are asked to do medicals.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take? It's so frustrating not knowing whether it will be a few months or a few years. We've given everything in and have been approved for our 475 visa already. I know that immigration have started to process applicants that had already been asked to do their medicals before all the changes...the trouble is we were just before the stage of being asked to do medicals when we put our application on hold.

thanks,

Nicky

Guest theclarkes
Hi,

We were given state sponsorship last year and our visa has been lodged with the case officer but after this we put our application on hold until I had our second baby. He was born in November and we have added him to our application but our agency don't know how long it will be until we are asked to do medicals.

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take? It's so frustrating not knowing whether it will be a few months or a few years. We've given everything in and have been approved for our 475 visa already. I know that immigration have started to process applicants that had already been asked to do their medicals before all the changes...the trouble is we were just before the stage of being asked to do medicals when we put our application on hold.

thanks,

Nicky

Hi Nicky

We are in the same boat as you we lodged our application on the 10th September and at that time it was taking about 10-15 days to be appointed a c/o so i know how you feel i suppose all we can do is just hang in there i'm sure that the good people at DIAC are wizzing through all the applications before us as quick as they can.

Personally i dont think the wait will be that long from now as i think DIAC are processing applications made in july/august, so with this in mind i have booked our medicals for this Thursday so i can send them off so at least they will have them when we get appointed a c/o sorry i have not been much help i feel as though i have just babbled on for a bit.

Cheers Neil