bridges relocation

Guest redditchcouple

Guest redditchcouple

hi all ,

Just wondering if anybody has used this company to help them find work out in Adelaide?

Any info on them would be good thanks :-)

Guest The Dimmock Family

Personally no I have not used this company and to be honest I found work easily (then again it depends upon what line of work you're in). I did notice you live near to Stourbridge where we came from, we have been in south adelaide, McLaren Vale for almost 5 years now! so if we can help just ask!

Dean OT, Angela Bank SA and Alyce FMC med student

Hi there. I was at the Leeds expo on 28th and I spoke to a chap from Bridges. I asked him what my chances were of me getting any railway jobs in Ozz while I was still here in the UK and he said there was no way a company over there would employ anyone without meeting with them first and the best option was to fly to Ozz and have some interviews. He said he had looked "in depth" into whether any Ozz companies where heading to the UK to recruit but he said that is not hapenning at the moment.

What a load of rubbish. I recently went to an interview with a major ozz consultancy in Manchester and am now progressing things. I know of at least 4 other ozz engineering companies doing the same thing over here.

That guy from Bridges was no use whatsoever.

As for the rest of the show I was very dissapointed as it seemed to be a sales show for migration agents. Only the WA government had a stand and the two ladies (although very helpfull) were really only interested in healthcare people.

Any other better shows comming up???

• 3 months later...
Guest tony mooney
Hi there. I was at the Leeds expo on 28th and I spoke to a chap from Bridges. I asked him what my chances were of me getting any railway jobs in Ozz while I was still here in the UK and he said there was no way a company over there would employ anyone without meeting with them first and the best option was to fly to Ozz and have some interviews. He said he had looked "in depth" into whether any Ozz companies where heading to the UK to recruit but he said that is not hapenning at the moment.

What a load of rubbish. I recently went to an interview with a major ozz consultancy in Manchester and am now progressing things. I know of at least 4 other ozz engineering companies doing the same thing over here.

That guy from Bridges was no use whatsoever.

As for the rest of the show I was very dissapointed as it seemed to be a sales show for migration agents. Only the WA government had a stand and the two ladies (although very helpfull) were really only interested in healthcare people.

Any other better shows comming up???

Hi all,

I am the chap from Bridges who was at the Leeds expo. I feel the posting made about me was unfair and I would like to add some comments.

Bridges relocation is a small company run by me. I help up to 50 clients a year migrate to Australia,. Each client has a job to go to and if they do not have a migration agent I help them find one. Once they have a job and a visa I help them with flights banking shipping and accommodation upon arrival with a team of former cleints around the country meet my clients as they step off the plane.

I generally work in a niche market of the trade skills; so if you can make and/or repair something I want to hear from you, even if you are now in Adelaide!

I stand by what I said, that most companies and in particular large corporates will not employ you without first meeting you, so unless they travel to the UK looking for staff you have to go to Australia.

At the time of the Leeds show I was not aware that anyone had started to trawl the UK market again. The credit crisis had seen these trip stop. I feel your recollection of my comment that I had looked 'in depth' into this is incorrect as it would not be possible for me to find out if employers and agents were planning on visiting the UK looking for staff. I wish I could.

I have however helped some clients who travelled to Australia and were helped by the recruiters I network with to secure a job.

I can only assume I was unable to help the person who posted this message so maybe it would have been more accurate to say "That guy from Bridges was no use 'to me' whatsoever".

Tony Mooney

australia@bridgesrelocation.com