Thread: New member Q's

Title
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep

New member Q's

Hi to all, I've just signed in and hope to arrive in Adelaide June/July. I have a few Q's I hope you can help with:- Can anyone recommend a shipping company? I'm hoping to enrol at UniSA Magill campus, can anyone say what the residential area is like or is it better to head for Modbury for kid, school etc and commute each day myself? Anyone here from Birmingham area? Many thanks Linda

Title
      Liked
      81 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by lindagarrattley View Post
      Hi to all, I've just signed in and hope to arrive in Adelaide June/July. I have a few Q's I hope you can help with:- Can anyone recommend a shipping company? I'm hoping to enrol at UniSA Magill campus, can anyone say what the residential area is like or is it better to head for Modbury for kid, school etc and commute each day myself? Anyone here from Birmingham area? Many thanks Linda
      Hi Linda

we used white's shipping company, had no hassles with them (only shipped boxes, no furniture), seemed quite reasonable with their prices too.

we're from brum, lived in sheldon for 8 yrs, i moved there from halesowen and hubby is a kings heath boy, where are u from?

as for magill/modbury etc... sorry can't help you there, we rent in west lakes which is a lovely area, bit far for you i think! lol

we've been in adelaide just over a year now and absolutely love it, so if there's anything that you need to know or just need a general chit-chat you know where i am! ;)

ange x

Title
      Liked
      7 times
      Rep

TY

Hi Ange,
      TY for reply. We live in Bournville, so I know Kings Heath well and Sheldon and Halesowen by passing. I have a 15 y.o daughter who after 14 years of pushing to move to Oz (we have dual nationality)has now decided she dosen't want to leave - go figure! We're hoping to arrive June/July. Do you and OH attend any PIA social events? I haven't worked out how to PM yet but I'll try over week-end. Linda

Title
      Liked
      4221 times
      Rep
      Anywhere around Magill is lovely, but you could also look around Athelstone, Paradise, Dernancourt, Stradbroke, Highbury, Rostrevor, and Modbury - all an easy drive down to Magill, all have good schools, and house prices possible a little lower as you head further out of the City. You really can't go wrong east of the city. Are you looking for primary schools or high schools, private or state? Buying or renting?
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Title
      Liked
      4457 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by lindagarrattley View Post
      Hi Ange,
      TY for reply. We live in Bournville, so I know Kings Heath well and Sheldon and Halesowen by passing. I have a 15 y.o daughter who after 14 years of pushing to move to Oz (we have dual nationality)has now decided she dosen't want to leave - go figure! We're hoping to arrive June/July. Do you and OH attend any PIA social events? I haven't worked out how to PM yet but I'll try over week-end. Linda
      To send a PM just click on the member's name on the left- it will bring up a menu.:)

•