I am hopefully heading to Adelaide in Jan 2011 and have already had a positive interview with a prospective employer who said they will put me (with wife and two young kids) through on a 457 visa. The will pay all visa costs which sounds great but do I spend more cash now and try get a 176 visa rather before we head over? Any info on questions (and any extra info) would be greatly appreciated.
1) Does a 457 get 1st homeowners and newbuild grant?
2) Does a 457 get any state funding for kids education (my eldest will be 5 in May 2011)
3) I have heard that a 457 has to get private medical insurance.
4) How easy is it to complete all the paperwork to get the 176 visa?
5) Does anybody on the forum surf and if so does the Mid Coast ever get any decent surf?
I am sure I will have some further queastions so might add every now and again.
Right now I am looking out of my window and it is chucking it down. At least I live in York and not a big city though.