Oh my my, what have I done

Guest mike and tor

Guest mike and tor

:jiggy:

Oh dear, I suppose I had explain my 'situation'. I applied and got a job as a nurse, they will sponsor me and last week I recieved the nomination number. I submitted my application and today had the medical and blood tests (and no I did not vomit this time nor did I pass out)

The scary thing is the completion date on my house sale is 7th May. So now I am running around looking for rentals for when I hit Ade on or around the 10th May. This is in between shipping the dog over and my stuff too. And the usual organisation of bank accounts etc.

Maybe I should not of accepted the house sale eh!

So as you can guess, I am a little stressed lol.

On a serious note, does any one know where I can get a rental house for around $300-$350 per week?

And just a warning for the rest of you reading this post and laughing, I will be there soon :biglaugh:

Mike

Guest katsmajic

WOW - well done, and hit the ground running is the bet.

A furnished rental on arrival would be your best bet really to give you time to gather/buy/get furniture for a long term rental, depending where you want to be and how big a house you want will determine the price too.

Good luck with it all.

Guest ellysam

Hi

Wheres your job mines at The Royal Adelaide Hospital (im a nurse too).

Please carry on with the house sale mines been on the market for four weeks and ive had just one viewing who said they couldnt afford it!! can you believe people will waste your time like this!!

Anyway you will get lots of jitters its natural but exciting too. My latest is two clairvoyants telling my family my move is 'a big mistake' i havent slept for days but hey its got to be worth it.

Good Luck

Issy

:jiggy:

Oh dear, I suppose I had explain my 'situation'. I applied and got a job as a nurse, they will sponsor me and last week I recieved the nomination number. I submitted my application and today had the medical and blood tests (and no I did not vomit this time nor did I pass out)

The scary thing is the completion date on my house sale is 7th May. So now I am running around looking for rentals for when I hit Ade on or around the 10th May. This is in between shipping the dog over and my stuff too. And the usual organisation of bank accounts etc.

Maybe I should not of accepted the house sale eh!

So as you can guess, I am a little stressed lol.

On a serious note, does any one know where I can get a rental house for around $300-$350 per week?

And just a warning for the rest of you reading this post and laughing, I will be there soon :biglaugh:

Mike

Don't be scarred, we found that getting on with things at a pace helped us. As Kat says, look for a furnished rental for an initial period or look at some of the caravan parks that have units. Alternatively, Kat and her hubby have a tent I believe:)

All the best,

Cooler

Guest Stacey

Hi Mike

Wow everything's happening for you at once!

Check out the Renting and Rental page on PIA as there are a few places for rent there although these may be long term rentals which might not necessarily be what you want straight away. There are however some people on PIA who actually offer short term rentals so they may be able to help you out.

Failing that Andy (my partner) and I arrived with three nights booked in hotel, then we found a rental that wasn't available for two weeks so we secured a Quest Services Apartment. There are quite a few of them about mainly around the city. We stayed in the one on Sturt Street, really nice three bed place which you can secure by the week. Not the cheapest but they are not designed to be a long term thing just a finding your feet thing really.

They are at:

www.questonsturt.com.au - Sturt Street in the city

www.questonkingwilliam.com.au King William Street in the city

Can't vouch for the King William one but the Sturt Street one is great.

Good luck

Stacey

x

Guest mike and tor

Just an update,

The medicals have been sent to the case officer and also emailed incase they get lost.

However, the house sale has fallen though. To say that I am sad is a bit of an understatment. I really was so excited at going over to Ade in May. I suppose I have to walk the path fate has given.

So, put the coffee and cake on hold for a little while.

Guest kangomik

It's good fun isn't it.

All part of the adventure.

You won't struggle with a rental in that price range, make sure you bring financial references from your bank etc to help with the process.

Guest Chelseadownunder

We got two nice furnished rentals from the Stayz web site. One in Glenelg and one in First Avenue Forestville. Both did the job well. Glenelg property was looked after by Chris and he was a really nice guy.

Guest calamitycaz

We turned down a number of 'low' offers on our house in late 2005/early 2006. We had our visa granted in 2006 and validated in the June, then came back to the UK to await the sale of the house - this was just as the UK began it's property slump. It sold finally in October 2007, and by then my (now ex) hubby decided that Oz wasn't for him, and that also we weren't for him either. I really wish that we'd taken the 'low' offer and run to Oz while we had the chance, who knows what will happen with the house markets and prices in the future?

Anyway, 4 years on I'm heading out on my own with the kids, but am having to rent my UK house as there is no way it'll sell and I refuse to sit and wait for a house sale to determine my future anymore. I'll be skint, but the rental will pay the mortgage and that'll have to do for now!

Good luck (I may be nursing with you, depends where I can get a job!)

Caz x

Guest calamitycaz

Had a job at Flinders before, am trying there again just cause I know the area. I'm a midwife too now, so am hoping that I can secure one or the other before I come over :)

Good Luck Tor, it's a great place to go, I can't wait to go back!!

Caz x

Guest clare
no Kang, the house I am selling has fallen through. So no go to Ade:nah: until I get another buyer.

sorry to hear that mate! know exactly how that feels:(

fingers crossed u get a buyer again soon!:)

Guest kangomik

Hey rent it out and move any way, then when the exchange rate turns, and the house market in the uk turns sell the thing and be quids in!

Half full NOT half empty

Guest mike and tor

wow it seems that every person i talk to is some kind of health care professional. Is there any left in the UK :biglaugh:

Shoud us nurses meet up when I eventually get to Ade?

Guest mike and tor

ALL sounds good to me. Ok the plan will be let me sell my house, get over to oz, find a rental, get my stuff shipped over including the dog, find a car, sort out gas/electric and tele + internet, then we can all meet up at mine or where ever for a well earned coffee. But I think by that stage I will need valium! :biglaugh:

We will even let the midwife come:biglaugh:

Guest calamitycaz

What's the difference between a bulldog and a midwife? The bulldog doesn't wear lipstick.

Boom boom ;)

Anyway, was wondering where everyone is in the UK at the mo? I'm in th e Nottingham/Derby area and wondered about a pre-emigration meet up to discuss stress, visas, stress, flights. stress, kids, stress, rentals, stress etc!?!

Guest calamitycaz

I'll put a post on the SOCIALS page then, see if we can get a few of us together for a coffee and chinwag? I know of another family near me who fly out in May too. Caz

What's the difference between a bulldog and a midwife? The bulldog doesn't wear lipstick.

Boom boom ;)

Anyway, was wondering where everyone is in the UK at the mo? I'm in th e Nottingham/Derby area and wondered about a pre-emigration meet up to discuss stress, visas, stress, flights. stress, kids, stress, rentals, stress etc!?!

How are the stress levels today? You must be getting excited as the big day gets nearer.

I'm really down in the dumps today - the boiler's packed up again,:arghh:the weather's pants, the PC has gone away to remove a serious virus infections :realmad:and our application took 5 days to arrive by registered 1st class post. :sad:

Only on the 2nd step of the ladder and the prospect of waiting 20 months before we even get a case worker is really not helping. The prospect of 2 more UK winter's is not good and who know's what our house will be worth when/if we get the go-ahead.

Good luck to all of you about to start on the big adventure and hope to see you there one day.