TRA Passed...State Sponsorship next!!

Guest snowy10

Guest snowy10

Hi Folks,

Just got my TRA results back, took more than the advertised 30 working days.

Mine was received by TRA on 1st Feb 10 and got the results back today 11 Apr 10.

Good luck to all of you that are waiting for results.

Any advice or tips for passing the state sponsorship??

Guest JoTanCalOwen
Hi Folks,

Hi Snowy,

Congratulations on receiving your TRA.

Regarding tips, research SA, if you have not filled in the State Sponsorship forms already, a little info on what you know about there is not a bad thing, we researched SA and included a bit of history, environmental info and mentioned politicians etc. Not sure if it helped but we did not have to resubmit, we receivd SS on the first application.

When it comes to you, sell yourself...

God luck

Regards

Tanya

Guest JoTanCalOwen

I came across this too, read through it with particular attention to the very last paragraph in bold I think is important, see how you go,

hope all is going ok

Regards

Tanya

In February this year the Commonwealth Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) announced, among other changes, that the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) will be reviewed. This new list of occupations will be released by DIAC at the end of April for implementation in mid 2010. It is therefore to follow that applicants whose occupations that are not to be included in the new SOL will need to have their visa applications lodged with DIAC before the implementation date of mid 2010 (an exact date for the implementation of the new SOL has not been released by DIAC at time of this update).

In anticipation of this, Immigration SA will be implementing the following procedure to assist applicants who wish to have their sponsorship applications/decision available in time to lodge their visa application with DIAC before the implementation date of the new SOL.

If you wish to have a decision on your sponsorship application before the new SOL is implemented by DIAC, you must comply with the following:

·Submit your full application as soon as possible.

·All Sponsorship applications must be lodged online AND all supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010

·On 14 May 2010 the Sponsorship Online application system will be closed down for a short period of time – There will be no access to the system during this time. You will need to monitor the website.

·All applications will be assessed according to order of registration – no fast tracking for any reason

·Annual planning levels apply to all occupations on the Sponsorship List. Once the planning level has been reached for that occupation, the occupation will no longer be available for sponsorship for this financial year regardless of the date of online lodgement or registration. All remaining applications received for that occupation will be refused.

·Applications that are received after 14 May 2010 (when the system is switched back on) will be placed in the ‘queue’ for processing under the new SOL, unless the (sponsorship) planning levels are reached for that occupation.

·Sponsorship applications submitted and registered in the queue under the new SOL will be assessed in 4 – 8 weeks, according to current Visa and Sponsorship criteria at the time of assessment regardless of whether a visa application has been lodged with DIAC.

State Migration Plans (and any associated lists)

These requirements and arrangements may change when State Migration Plans (and any associated lists) are finalised and implemented. These are expected to be completed in the middle of 2010.

Occupations included in State Migration Plans, criteria, procedures will be published on this website when available.

Deadline: 14 May 2010

If your sponsorship application is not submitted online AND all the supporting documents registered at Immigration SA before 14 May 2010, your sponsorship application will not have a decision before July 2010.

If DIAC makes any significant changes to the implementation date of the new SOL, this may affect the 14 May 2010 deadline and subsequent temporary closing down of the Online application system.

Guest snowy10

Tanya,

Many, many thanks for the info, I was on the SA web site last night but didn't see that information!!! I don't suppose you have the internet link/ addresss detailing the info??

Luckily with the delay in the TRA process I have all but carried out the work for the State Sponsorship application. Just need to gather all the job searches I've been doing at work (in quiet periods!!!) and e-mailing home the links!!

Should hopefully have it sorted by the weekend and then will courier the documents out to Adelaide. It sounds like I need to have my fingers crossed that they haven't filled their quota of Aircraft Technicians!!!

I'm still in the RAF with an exit date of Dec 10 and trade is on the new CSL/SOL etc so hopefully (looking at other peoples timelines) should have a visa by Xmas!!

Getting very excited as after 22 years in the RAF and deploying to every war zone in the world (my work is on helicopters!!) I am looking forwards to a better quality of life for me, the wife and my little 6 month old princess.

Many thanks again for the "heads up" on the state sponsorship, it's very much appreciated.

Kind regards

Michael

Guest JoTanCalOwen

I don't suppose you have the internet link/ addresss detailing the info??

South Australia Announces New Procedures - Australia and New Zealand Emigration News

It is an emigration company .. other than that the info has been listed on other expat sites..

Sounds as if you will have you visa before us !! :P

I'm still in the RAF with an exit date of Dec 10 and trade is on the new CSL/SOL etc so hopefully (looking at other peoples timelines) should have a visa by Xmas!!

My brother - in - law is a propultion engineer up Leceister way

Getting very excited as after 22 years in the RAF and deploying to every war zone in the world (my work is on helicopters!!) I am looking forwards to a better quality of life for me, the wife and my little 6 month old princess.

I bet you are I know I would be, I couldn't even put my kids in a creche !!! lol but now they are teenagers hmmmm .......

Michael you are most welcome and I have my fingers crossed for you..

Tanya

Hi Folks,

Just got my TRA results back, took more than the advertised 30 working days.

Mine was received by TRA on 1st Feb 10 and got the results back today 11 Apr 10.

Good luck to all of you that are waiting for results.

We received our sponsorship last year, in our written submission we talked about how much we wanted to move to SA, and also about the kids and their interests and some personal info and employment history on us.

Good luck with your application. :wubclub: