Temp to Perm. New Police Check

NickBrigham

Hi,

Does anyone know if you need a second UK Police Check when going from Temp Visa to Permie in Australia? Seems a bit daft to shell out another 70 quid when we are covered by the previous one apart from about three months while we waited for the first visa.

Anyone ever got an answer from them on this one, or personal experience?

Nick

We had to get one, but it stated in our application form that if you have been out of oz for x months after visa grant date, you needed one. We were in the Uk for a while after our visa grant, selling stuff up, but I double checked with immi and they confirmed I needed one.

Back in September, I was still able to just get the 10 pounds each one - don't know if that is still the case.

HTH

• 3 weeks later...
Guest soggy
... oh, and another thing ... do you have to pay out another 2 grand for the visa when you go from 475 to 857?

Anyone done this for free? Conflicting information on the websites.

Nick

it's not free but it is only about $250, can't remember the exact amount but it is on the immi website.

Simon:D

I have just gone from temp to permanent through employer sponsorship, I didn't have to do more police checks but another guy I work with has done exactly the same process at exactly the same time and he has been asked for them??? I guess it depends on your case officer as there are no differences with our applications or timescales.