457 visa

Guest The Middletons

Guest The Middletons

Excuse the dumb question, but I'm just filling I my application form for registration for the Nurses Board of South Australia and was wondering if the 457 visa we'll (hopefully) be getting is part of the Skills Stream.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest russell 12

My understanding of the 457 is that it is a temporary visa which can extend from 12 months to 4 years. Nurses are in demand in SA and i believe their application forms are processed as a priority beacause they are on the skills in demand list...not sure if this answers your question?

Sounds like you are in a similar position to me. I have been sponsored by one of the hospitals in Adelaide and will be applying for the 457 as soon as my pin number arrives from the NMC.

Hope this helps

keep in touch

Craig, Louise , Georgia and Millie

Excuse the dumb question, but I'm just filling I my application form for registration for the Nurses Board of South Australia and was wondering if the 457 visa we'll (hopefully) be getting is part of the Skills Stream.

No dumb question here. Tracey spoke to someone at a hospital out there. They said if you are being sponsored then they did not require a skills assessment. As we are going out on a 175 visa (Permanent independant) and that does require a further skill assessment from the ANMC.

The best thing to do is to phone or email your sponsor and ask them if they require further assessment.

The other thing you may find is that the form you have sent off is an assessment as to whether you can apply for registration. They will send another form back for you to send back and they will also fleece you for more money. :mad:

Hope this helps.

Pete

I'm right in the middle of the 457 process at the moment.

So far i've not been asked to go through any kind of skills assessment. They way i understand it the employer who sponsors you is effectively vouching that as far as they are concerned you are qualified to fill the position they have offered you. It is the employers risk and are ultimately liable in the eyes of DIMA.

I'm off to see a magistrate tomorrow to get my documents copied and certified in support of the visa application, then it's a waiting game!!!!!

Paul.

Guest The Middletons

Thanks for the replies, folks - I still don't know which box to tick though!!

I had my skills assessed by the ANMC, and it's the nursing registration I'm applying for.

Cheers all,

John

Guest russell 12

ok, yes see where you are at. Now i ticked the box which says i am applying for the visa in section3 which is the section i think you are at. I would not like to say this is what you should do but this seemed right as i understood it.:confused:

I hope it doesn't take 3 months like it says it sometimes can to process. Where will you be working in Adelaide?

I was offered a post at the RAH but decided to take one at the Calvary ( Private)

bye for now

louise

Guest The Middletons

I emailed my CV off to vacancies on the SA Health site )canh't remember the address, but it's the one with the apples!) and they contacted me. Had a telephone interview. Then they sponsored me.

Guest russell 12

Hiya

I went over to oz as part of my nurse training and simply contacted various hospitals direct to see if they could sponsor me on their Graduate nurse programme (GNP), which is a year long preceptorship for newly qualified....some said yes whilst otheres were hesitant. I filled in the application form and had a telephone interview...yippeee got a place:jiggy:. One hospital actually offered me a job during my visit without realising i was still studying. Very different from the situation we have here for nurses ?

If you are circulating your CV the Australians like a detailed resume ..have a look online for guidance if you need to tweak yours ..has been helpful for my OH to reorganise his.

good luck Let me know if you need any more help

Louise

Guest russell 12

Hiya just been online trying to find the answers to some of my questions :wacko:. Anyway when applying for the 457 because its temporary we do not have to have our skills assessed by the ANMC but just need to go direct to the state who are sponsoring..NBSA. Found this info on the ANMC web page. So we are not part of the skills stream and you can answer section 3 in your form now. Check it out online and let me know if you read it differently.

Keep me posted

Louise;)

Guest potteriespom

Hi I thought I would give you the employers side of the 457 visa. I work for an organisation that nominates future employees for sponsorship.

Once the selection process is complete when you have applied for a position and a recommended candidate has been selected we provide immigration with a copy of the Position/Job description, the persons detailed CV and qualifications, the letter of offer and the candidates acceptance. We also complete an online form giving information such as salary, location of job, responsibilities and essential criteria for the position and details of the person to be nominated into the position.

This is then assessed by immigration and if they approve the nomination we get any email and and forward it onto our chosen candidate and this is when you can apply for your visa.

I know that at the moment the processing time for nominating future employees is around 6 to 12 weeks as they have a big backlog. It must be huge as the normal processing time for our nominations is usually about 6 to 12 days!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know that the Department of Immigration and Citizenship has just had a major overhaul of some of it visa classes which may have caused this.

Hope this helps

Guest russell 12

That really interesting thankyou. Encouraging to know that it can be processed so quickly too even with back log...fingers crossed as we are hoping to be over in Jan/ feb

Louise;)