uk post

Guest Nicky&Andy

Guest Nicky&Andy

hi, not sure if possible but...................:unsure:

can you divert post from uk to oz for the first yr, as you would redirect in the uk if moving house

if so , how would you go about it , where to get all the info to set this up etc

any advice greatfully recieved

nicky

Guest BAZnDAF

Hi Nicky,

Just looked on the Post Office website.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=600008&mediaId=600047

One of the FAQ's is :-

Can I set up a Redirection from abroad?

Yes. Just call +44 1752 387 116 for more details.

there you go, ring them and they will give you all the info you need i guess.

However, Would they forward junk mail and then charge you for it?

Let us know how much they quote you.

Baz.

Guest thekings

We looked into it, its £110 for 12 months. We decided to redirect to my parents address for 3 months after we move (still waiting). That should give us enough time to let the important people know our new address. After that If the mail goes to our old address then in my book they don't need to contact me.

hi, not sure if possible but...................:unsure:

can you divert post from uk to oz for the first yr, as you would redirect in the uk if moving house

if so , how would you go about it , where to get all the info to set this up etc

any advice greatfully recieved

nicky

Hi

Yes you can as quoted in posts above, but having spent ALL of today on phone informing people that we are emigrating most banks, companies etc will change your postal address to one in Australia no problem.

We are just going to rediredt to one of the parents for a month or so and then hopefully will have sorted all that is important!

Good luck.:jiggy:

We redirected ours here and it worked really well. Though I changed as many addresses as possible with banks and people, it was still handy for the post that I missed, and the redirect worked fine. Well worth the money, and easier than relatives having to sift it and then pay more to send it on. Recommend it for the peace of mind. THink I did it for 6 months.

It worked better than the redirect I put on our post here when we moved from one side of the city to the other, actually, but hey!

Guest Nicky&Andy

thanks every one for your replys , lots to look into, can you redirect to a post office box or have you got to have an address as not sure if we will have one when we come over