Contributory Parent Visas

Guest Gill and Peter Williams

Guest Gill and Peter Williams

Sorry, our first message sent earlier today was jumbled, we think.

We are retired Poms living in Peterborough, UK and currently waiting for the DIAC to grant us contributory parent visas. We have been monitoring your website for som time, but have resisted the temptation to introduce ourselves until now.

Having decide to emigrate last October, we submitted our applications on 8 June via our migration agent. So we have been waiting for over 3 months.Our agent tells us that the process could take 12-18 months.

We would be interested to know if any new Poms in Adelaide have arrived in recent months on parent visas. If so, how long did it take from application to granting of the visa? Also, how long did it take before you had medicals?

Gill and Peter.

Guest moneypenny

When OH and I were at Australia House in June we were told that you will here nothing for 12 months for this visa and then probably in the next three it would be all systems go. So 12/18 months sound right.

Best of Luck

Moneypenny

Sorry, our first message sent earlier today was jumbled, we think.

We are retired Poms living in Peterborough, UK and currently waiting for the DIAC to grant us contributory parent visas. We have been monitoring your website for som time, but have resisted the temptation to introduce ourselves until now.

Having decide to emigrate last October, we submitted our applications on 8 June via our migration agent. So we have been waiting for over 3 months.Our agent tells us that the process could take 12-18 months.

We would be interested to know if any new Poms in Adelaide have arrived in recent months on parent visas. If so, how long did it take from application to granting of the visa? Also, how long did it take before you had medicals?

Gill and Peter.

There are a couple of people on another site thet have experience of these visas. Try looking on s2.invisionfree.com/adelaidebrits and look through past posts. Long and tedious but if you want a clue where to look pm me.

Smit

Hi there, we are still in the UK trying to sell our house, but will be off to Adelaide at the end of October as we have to validate our VISA by 6th November. We have not decided as yet the next course of action, stay for a short holiday, or stay for about 6 months and come back in the Spring when may be house sales will improve.

The reason I write this is that we are approved for a Parent contributory Visa, which took just over 12 months from start to finish. The waiting just goes on for ever, but things eventually happen.

It would appear that Contributory Visa applications are prioritised according to a number of different factors, all of which determine when the application is given a case officer. If you are over 65 this gets priority over being under 65 for instance. Also if you are applying for permanent entry, this gets priority over temporary entry, but as you only have to pay half the fee up front this seems the best option to take.

If you have any other questions, please pm me as I seem to now know quite a lot about this type of Visa.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gill and Peter

Just found this website and read your email. Our daughter went to live in Adelaide last year and got married this August. We went over and loved it and would love to settle there. We have got a few years to go before we retire so cannot got at the moment but I hope you are successful and will follow your progress.

Sue & Mike

Hull, East Yorkshire