Paper or On-Line application???

Guest snowy10

Guest snowy10

Hi everyone,

I plan to lodge a 176 CSL visa with in the next month. As I have a hell of a lot of documents to send I was planning on doing a paper application for ease rather than the pain of scanning/converting documents and then uploading them.

Are paper and on-line applications treated differently by DIAC and if so what are the main differences?

Thanks in advance for any help/advice.

Regards

Guest familygood

Don't know if they are treated any differently but obviously electronic applications take a lot less time to be received. If you buy a colour scanner you then don't need the documents verified either so worth a few hours of scanning! I didn't find it that arduous.

Guest snowy10
Don't know if they are treated any differently but obviously electronic applications take a lot less time to be received. If you buy a colour scanner you then don't need the documents verified either so worth a few hours of scanning! I didn't find it that arduous.

Thanks for the reply,

It's no hastle for me getting documents certified as I'm in the RAF and a Warrant Officer or above can do that for me for free!! By courier the documents would only take 3/4 days to arrive.

My worry is that even though currently on the CSL there may be a delay from receiving the paperwork to DIAC acknowledging reciept, with the time to the potential changes to the CSL looming I wouldn't want to get caught up in a potential delay.

My computer skills are not that good, I am happy scanning documents but would have no idea how to make them smaller to upload on to the application.

I think I will continue with the paper application unless somebody tells me that they are processed vastly differently.

Kind regards

Michael

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Snowy

hope all goes ok for you, I have no idea about this stage in your process, but pls keep us updated

Tanya

Guest Zoot

There used to be a difference in processing time between the two - first electronic based applications went quicker then as everyone started doing electronic applications the paper ones went quicker. There is a site which gives current processing times (am sure someone on here will have that info) and you can then check out what the current processing times look like. If there is not much difference in time then go with the paper route as that is the one you are more comfortable with if there is a huge backlog in paper applications then obviously the electronic route would make more sense.

Guest Fly Away

Something to consider is that with an on line application you can track your application on line and receive queries faster etc. You can also submit any additional information requested much faster.

Guest snowy10

Many thanks for the replies.

I have just sent an e-mail to the Immigration Processing centre to ask if paper and on-line applications are treated differently, I am hoping that they are not.

I can see the benefit of on-line applications with the traceability, but not at the cost of my sanity. We do not have an agent and being able to view a pile of paper before sending it off gives me a nice warm feeling inside.

Also with not being too sure how to make documents smaller etc to upload and having the time to do this to over 100 sheets of paper with a 6 month old baby in the house makes me think I will continue down the paper application route.

I am currently on the CSL so hopefully the wait shouldn't be too long???

Thanks again for the responses.

Michael