SA reply from e-mail

Guest Jules37

Guest Jules37

Hi

I contacted SA following the new update on their website yesterday and thought I would share the reply I received today:

Please respond to: gsm.sa@state.sa.gov.au

Thank you for your e-mail. All applications for revisit are being placed into the Off-shore revisit processing queue from date when the Immigration SA office receives/received all supporting documents. When Immigration SA resumes Off-shore processing of 475 and 176 sponsorship applications, these applications will be processed in the order of date received for revisit.

Please regularly check Immigration SA for updated information:

Make The Move :: Requirements for State sponsorship

Also the DIAC website:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/general-skilled-migration/whats-new.htm

Regards

Program Support Officer, General Skilled Migration

Jules

Guest The Coyne Family

Hi Jules,

I got one too. what visa did you apply for?

I'm a little confused about the whole thing i thought they were going to process the applications further, but in your and my e mail's they say "When Immigration SA resumes Off-shore processing of 475 and 176 sponsorship applications," HAVE THEY STOPPED???:confused:

MARIA.

Thank you for your e-mail with DIAC approval confirmation attached. All applications are being placed into the Off-shore processing queue from date when the Immigration SA office receives/received all supporting documents (i.e. registration date).

When Immigration SA resumes Off-shore processing of 475 and 176 sponsorship applications, these applications will be processed in the order of date when original supporting documents were received.

Also the DIAC website:

What's New? Recent Changes in General Skilled Migration

Regards

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hi Maria

I had a look at the web link and found this information about temporary suspension, Although I am not sure, whether it is for new visa applications being lodged or ones that are already there, sitting and waiting...

Good luck

Temporary suspension of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications – 7 May

The Australian Government has decided to temporarily suspend the acceptance of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications. This temporary measure will begin on 8 May 2010 and is expected to remain in effect until the end of 30 June 2010.

The temporary suspension applies only to primary (main) applicants for the following visa subclasses:

• Subclass 175 – Skilled Independent (Migrant) visa
  • Subclass 176 – Skilled Sponsored (Migrant) visa
  • Subclass 475 – Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa.

See:

Fact Sheet – Temporary Suspension of Certain General Skilled Migration Applications (Subclass 175, 176 and 475 only) ( 61KB PDF file)

Frequently Asked Questions – Temporary Suspension of Certain General Skilled Migration Applications (Subclass 175, 176 and 475 only) (110KB PDF file)

Hi Jules,

I'm a little confused about the whole thing i thought they were going to process the applications further, but in your and my e mail's they say "When Immigration SA resumes Off-shore processing of 475 and 176 sponsorship applications," HAVE THEY STOPPED???:confused:

MARIA.

Thank you for your e-mail with DIAC approval confirmation attached. All applications are being placed into the Off-shore processing queue from date when the Immigration SA office receives/received all supporting documents (i.e. registration date).

When Immigration SA resumes Off-shore processing of 475 and 176 sponsorship applications, these applications will be processed in the order of date when original supporting documents were received.

Also the DIAC website:

Regards

Guest Jules37
Hi Jules,

MARIA.

Also the DIAC website:

Regards

Hi Maria

We applied for the 176 visa but I am not sure either, I thought it might be due to them taking the website down on 14th May but I am not sure. Surely they can't all sit there with no work to do until the end of June? I have sent them off another e-mail asking them to clarify. When I hear I will let you know.

Jules

Guest Jules37
Hi Maria

I had a look at the web link and found this information about temporary suspension, Although I am not sure, whether it is for new visa applications being lodged or ones that are already there, sitting and waiting...

Good luck

Temporary suspension of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) applications – 7 May

The Australian Government has decided to temporarily suspend the acceptance of certain General Skilled Migration (GSM) visa applications. This temporary measure will begin on 8 May 2010 and is expected to remain in effect until the end of 30 June 2010.

The temporary suspension applies only to primary (main) applicants for the following visa subclasses:

• Subclass 175 – Skilled Independent (Migrant) visa
  • Subclass 176 – Skilled Sponsored (Migrant) visa
  • Subclass 475 – Skilled Regional Sponsored (Provisional) visa.

See:

Fact Sheet – Temporary Suspension of Certain General Skilled Migration Applications (Subclass 175, 176 and 475 only) ( 61KB PDF file)

Frequently Asked Questions – Temporary Suspension of Certain General Skilled Migration Applications (Subclass 175, 176 and 475 only) (110KB PDF file)

I am very confused. When the initial details went up on SA's web site it said all processing had stopped but then one of the migration agents on pomsinoz mentioned that the site had been updated again and I read it that your application would be processed if it was already in the system before 8th May and as long as you already had a visa lodged with DIAC. The reply I got today suggests that they have stopped but it is not clear if this is until end of June? I have e-mailed them to clarify and will let you all know when I hear back.

Jules

Guest The Coyne Family
Hi Maria

We applied for the 176 visa but I am not sure either, I thought it might be due to them taking the website down on 14th May but I am not sure. Surely they can't all sit there with no work to do until the end of June? I have sent them off another e-mail asking them to clarify. When I hear I will let you know.

Jules

Hi Jules,

I think i have my head around it now i think they have stopped until the 14th of may and will then resume processing.

Maybe im not reading it right im not sure we will see what they say. Im only guessing but i get the feeling their might be an announcement on the 14th about new sol.

Thanks Jules talk soon. This info is on MAKE THE MOVE web site.

Maria.

Onshore Visas:

If you have applied for Sponsorship for an Onshore Visa, your application will proceed as normal. Note that the Sponsorship Application System will be closed for all applications on 14 May 2010.

Offshore Visas:

1. If you have already submitted your Sponsorship Application with Immigration SA AND sent all your supporting documents AND have already lodged your Visa application with DIAC for an Offshore Visa before 8 May 2010 - send an Email to Immigration SA at gsm.sa@sa.gov.au with a copy of the Visa Application lodgement Acknowledgement OR a copy of the Notification email from DIAC AND your Immigration SA Reference Number before 14 May 2010. Your Sponsorship application will then be processed accordingly. If you do not include the Immigration SA Reference number, your Sponsorship application will not be identified and the application will not proceed.

2. If you have NOT submitted your Sponsorship Application with Immigration SA BUT have already lodged your Visa application with DIAC for an Offshore Visa before 8 May 2010 -
    1) Submit the Online Sponsorship Application urgently. 2) Send the complete set of supporting documents before 14 May 2010. 3) Include in the supporting documents a copy of the Visa Application lodgement Acknowledgement OR a copy of the Notification email from DIAC AND your Immigration SA Reference Number. Your Sponsorship application will then be processed accordingly. If you do not include the Immigration SA Reference number, your Sponsorship application will not be identified and the application will not proceed.

3. If you have not lodged your Visa application with DIAC for an Offshore Visa before 8 May 2010 but you have completed an Online Sponsorship application but have not sent the supporting documents, we suggest that you wait until DIAC reinstates the Visa application process and the publication of the revised Skilled Occupations List. Advice will be provided on the Immigration SA website in due course to inform you of the status of your application. Do not ring Immigration SA but monitor the website regularly at www.migration.sa.gov.au
  4. If you have not lodged your Visa application with DIAC for an Offshore Visa before 8 May 2010 but have received Sponsorship Approval from Immigration SA, we suggest that you wait until DIAC reinstates the Visa application process and the publication of the revised Skilled Occupations List. Advice will be provided on the Immigration SA website in due course to inform you of the status of your application. Do not ring Immigration SA but monitor the website regularly at www.migration.sa.gov.au

5. If you have not lodged your Visa application with DIAC for an Offshore Visa before 8 May 2010 but have completed an Online Sponsorship application and have sent the supporting documents, processing of your application will be suspended until further notice. Advice will be provided on the Immigration SA website in due course to inform you of the status of your application. Do not ring Immigration SA but monitor the website regularly at www.migration.sa.gov.au

Note that Immigration SA does not advise or make a decision on the appropriate visa for which you might apply. Sponsorship decision will be made on the criteria for the visa for which you have applied.

GENERAL SKILLED MIGRATION

Immigration South Australia

DEPARTMENT OF TRADE AND ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT

Offshore State sponsorship is valid for following DIAC visa subclasses:

Skilled – Regional Sponsored (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 475)

Skilled – Sponsored (Migrant) Visa (Subclass 176)

Check the Sponsorship requirements for Offshore applications

Guest janmoo

Hi everyone

OMG i really dont understand the who migration situation!! But if this helps we are just back from Adelaide 3 weeks ago after yet another reccie to assess the work situation for Tradesmen. We talked to loads of people in the industry and they all said that there were still jobs around but just not so many as a couple of years ago. I guess the government are just being careful in case the place ends up like the UK with heaps of people coming in with no jobs and wanting benefits. We are quite apprenhesive about finding work actually. We are going out in Sept with Permanent Resident Visas. I'm a Beauty Therapist and hubby is a Joiner. Wouldlove to hear other peoples experience of work situation. Seek.com.au and Careerone only have a handful of jobs for each and yet these WERE 60 point occupations until the change happened. Thanks and good luck to all of you who are trying to get in.:confused:

Guest The Coyne Family
Hi everyone

OMG i really dont understand the who migration situation!! But if this helps we are just back from Adelaide 3 weeks ago after yet another reccie to assess the work situation for Tradesmen. We talked to loads of people in the industry and they all said that there were still jobs around but just not so many as a couple of years ago. I guess the government are just being careful in case the place ends up like the UK with heaps of people coming in with no jobs and wanting benefits. We are quite apprenhesive about finding work actually. We are going out in Sept with Permanent Resident Visas. I'm a Beauty Therapist and hubby is a Joiner. Wouldlove to hear other peoples experience of work situation. Seek.com.au and Careerone only have a handful of jobs for each and yet these WERE 60 point occupations until the change happened. Thanks and good luck to all of you who are trying to get in.:confused:

Hi

My husband is a tradie too an electrician, theirs about 40-50 jobs per month advertised in Adelaide, its not alot but in saying that its a hell of a lot better than it is here (Dublin)

Because he has to obtain a licence first its virtually impossible for him to apply for jobs before we go. He's tried a few but they don't want to know you if you don't have the licence, the employer sponsored visa is nonexistent for us. State sponsorship is our best option. Its great you have your visas.

Good luck with you move to oz.

Maria.