loan / car loan

Guest calamitycaz

Guest calamitycaz

Just making plans in advance for the move - here in the UK I drive a Kia Rio, which I find reliable, economical, and perfect for the family. I was thinking about buying a brand new one when we arrive - was thinking the warranty would make it one less thing to worry about. BUT, (there's always a but) I wont have any money to pay for the car, I will be newly arrived, but hopefully with a job contract by then. Where do I stand with applying for a loan / car loan/ Will it be a case of 'absolutely not - you've just arrived and have no credit history' or will it be relatively simple?

Thanks

Caz

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday Caz. No-one will give a loan until you have been in full time work for at least 3 months and they normaly will want 10% of the cost price as a deposit.

Guest northernstar200

Hi there, i was going to start a post on here about how difficult i have found it to be given credit of any sort.

When we arrived we spent all our savings very quickly and so ended up buying the oldest most unreliable car after we took our rented car back.

Since then i have tried to get finance for a brand new Hyundi getz, thinking that because i was in full time employment, we would have no problem - wrong. They wont give me credit, and to insult to injury they wanted a 50% depostit from me, and when they knew i was a perm resident they though they was doing me a fvaour by telling me i only needed a 35% deposit. I went away so gutted, because in Uk i have got credit and never had any problems with getting finance.

Next problem is, i cant even get a bank loan for a car, they wont tell me the reason due to confidentiality, its so stupid. I just hope one day soon, sooner being better as i dont know how long my old car will last, that i will be deemed credable. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Tracy x

Guest cornish Busdriver

I got my car from Beach Road car sale (Christies beach).

Never had a problem with it and put just over a 70,000Km on it since i brought it last year.

Annette there aranged finace with CMI Toyota for me with a 1k deposit after i had been working for only 3 months even though the bank said no.

They got some great cars there and always worth a look, tell them matt with the VX belina sent ya if ya pop down for a nose.

Guest kangomik

It depends what visa your on and how much money you bank.

3 days after arriving and with only a letter of offer of employment i could get a $250K mortgage.

Don't give in too easily.

Hi,

We bought a second hand car. Holden zafira 2006 for $13850. It's a 2.2 so it's so economic on petrol. I bought the car from Jarvis who give all there customers RAA cover (AA) and warranty for 3 years. Like you I was scared of getting a loan, and we got approved on a credit card yesterday for only $4000. Better that then nothing at all.

Prema

Guest kangomik

Caz if your on a PR it should be even easier with a job..... keep pluggin away.#

If you don't ask you don't get....... just the same as discount!

Forgot to add, don't let them hit you up with any surprise add on's just as your about to sign up. If it sounds dodgy, it usually is. Make like your walking out and the charges usually disappear.

Guest calamitycaz

Good to know, especially as a I wont have a man in tow, scared of getting ripped off just cos I'm a girl on my own! Thanks to all :)

Caz

Guest northernstar200

Hi there, i just wanted update on my car situation. Last time i wrote on here i was giving my opinion on not being able to get a car on finance and a bank loan, but at last my luck has changed.

We were given a reccomendation from a pia member where to go, and bobs ur uncle, we have got the car 1 day later. I am so happy as we can now start to build on our very small credit rating, which i have found out is very very important here.

So anyone need any advise on where to g, let me know:biglaugh:

Tracy x x x

Guest cornish Busdriver

Gday Caz Flower.

Give me a shout when ur here and ill take ya round a few yards to make sure thay aint trying to rip ya off or try and add any on extra's that you wont need.

Guest calamitycaz

Gday Caz Flower.

Give me a shout when ur here and ill take ya round a few yards to make sure thay aint trying to rip ya off or try and add any on extra's that you wont need.

Matt you are a darling!! Thank you so much, I'll take you up on that offer :notworthy:

Caz

Guest cornish Busdriver

Probber job me flower.

Any-chance you could bring a few bottles of knocker or spingo with ya lol lol lol lol.

Had a chat with a few mates in the car yards and they recond they will sort ya out ok.

Guest calamitycaz
Probber job me flower.

Any-chance you could bring a few bottles of knocker or spingo with ya lol lol lol lol.

Had a chat with a few mates in the car yards and they recond they will sort ya out ok.

Matt by the time I get there a 'few bottles' will be long gone!! How about some Cornish Fairings?! I know, not quite the same :)

Thanks for asking around for me, I'll have more of an idea re: budget nearer the time.

Caz x