Skilled independant family sponsored 176 visa time?

Guest ROB3SERA3

Guest ROB3SERA3

Skilled independant family sponsored 176 visa time?

Hi everyone,

Luckily i got my visa in on the deadline day 7th at 10am so far so good, no refund and my agent said they lodged it and it went through, so fingers crossed but can anyone please tell me how long they usually take from this moment onwards as i cant seem to get a straight answer from my agent :(wacko.gif

My skill is Welder/Fabricator (boilermaker) and my mrs has an aunte in oz who been there since 1961 £10 pom thingy.

Rob

Guest bobbyjo

Hi,

We are in the same boat, OH brother is sponsoring us, application went in 1 hour before deadline on 7 May!! Our agent says we are looking at 12 to 15 months? Would be nice to hear from someone who has actually been down same route!!

Guest guest3462

Hi, the offshore visas have been queued and are suspended until 30th June, regardless of whether you got your application in or not! Though that will only give you a delay of 6 weeks at the maximum so not much to worry about unless you already have flights booked!!

But, to answer your question, if you already have your state sponsorship it can take as little as 12 weeks but the immigration dept here in Adelaide told me the longest wait would be 8 months for a 176 visa and 12-15 months for the 175.

Fingers crossed for you that you will get your visa soon and get out here in time for spring!

JC x

Guest ROB3SERA3
Hi, the offshore visas have been queued and are suspended until 30th June, regardless of whether you got your application in or not! Though that will only give you a delay of 6 weeks at the maximum so not much to worry about unless you already have flights booked!!

But, to answer your question, if you already have your state sponsorship it can take as little as 12 weeks but the immigration dept here in Adelaide told me the longest wait would be 8 months for a 176 visa and 12-15 months for the 175.

Fingers crossed for you that you will get your visa soon and get out here in time for spring!

JC x

Hi JC , Im Not state sponsored or company sponsored :(

I have my own skill which was on the SOL list before the suspended announcement and its my mrs who has the Aunt who thankfully give us the points to make up the points required when in feb my skill was taken off the MODL Critical List for the bonus points for a 175 Visa instead.

Guest JoTanCalOwen

Hello all.

We are on the 176 Skilled Visa with State Sponsorship, our visa application went in and was dated as 1st Ocotber 2009, eight months down the line we are no nearer knowing how much longer we have to wait, we have been on to our agent but she cannot get to a straight answer either, it is just a waiting game at present...... :daydreaming:

• 11 months later...
Guest ROB3SERA3

Holy ****, we were told thursday we have a case officer !!!

Booked meds and will send police checks asap

Does anyone know the fuill details of the meds ie what they do?

Has anyone else been suprised by how quick the turn round of the Cat 3's?

Im a 176 family sponsored skilled independant applucation put in may 2010

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ROB3SERA3
Holy ****, we were told thursday we have a case officer !!!

Booked meds and will send police checks asap

Does anyone know the fuill details of the meds ie what they do?

Has anyone else been suprised by how quick the turn round of the Cat 3's?

Im a 176 family sponsored skilled independant applucation put in may 2010

Just to add we have 70 days for our application!is this good or bad because our agent said that most are only 30 days ?