Best of luck with your decision its a tuff one but yea stick to your guns! be strong, good luck for the future x
I think i was just making excuses not to go.
I haven't even said to my OH yet because as soon as i say lets go he'll have the flights booked and be at the airport but i'd like to put a realistic time line on it. Probably january 2011 will be when we make the move.
I was just concerened about missing family, kids education, my son is an a-star student top of everything and don't want to damage his education and my OH is a plumber and i know the rules are different to here.
But the way i'm looking at it is ............. he's working 50+ hours a week at the moment to pay the mortgage and survive but we're not living and something's got to give.
So let's give it a shot!!!
Sometimes you just have to be selfish and think of yourself.
So very true!
That's what i'm thinking at the moment, i've just had enough of the Uk.
A house 2 doors down sold and i was outside while they were moving in just to see if they were polish, how awful!
Sounds like your mind is made up, get things booked
Sounds to me like you had a similar time to us. We have had our visas since april 2007 house on the market didnt sell up and down feelings, house sold last may for us an have been living with my mum and dad since we are going in 5 weeks im terrified that we dont have enough money worried if we are making a mistake am i doing the right thing taking my girls away from everything and everyone they know so well? can i handle making the move i dont know, right now i feel like im on the outside looking in on somebody elses life it doesnt feel like this is us right now. Then in the next breathe i cant wait to start our new life i think im going crazy.....
That's exactly how i felt in 2008.
Now i'm thinking my son will be there before he starts high school so it shouldn't mess with his education too much.
I don't worry about my girls so much, they are young enough to adjust.
I just feel somethings got to give. If we go and don't like it, we can come back, we'd never be able to afford to live in the london area but i don't think i'd want to.
When we were there i liked the seaford / christies beach area so i think that's where we'll be heading.
You'll be fine, it's all a life changing adventure but it's for our family life and our children's life that we are doing it.
why do you all at this gr8 site allow yourselves to be degraded so much by calling yourselves a derogetery name why not change
it to Brits in Adelaide.
I think i'd decided let's do it..........
Then i went to parents evening at my son's school on tuesday night, now i know he's a bright kid, he's in year 7 to be given the bombshell.........
They want him to sit his IT GCSE next year when he's in year 8 and to do a triple science GCSE, the first 1 to be sat while he's in year 9 and he's predicted either A or A-star.
Talk about throwing a spanner in the works!!!
Would i be an awful mother to move him?!
OMG! just when ud almost made ur mind up!!!!
I dont think ud b an awful mother if you moved him.
He would be gaining massively either way being so bright.
Who knows what the future would hold for him in Austrailia!
Good luck with another tough desision! x