Extra luggage and the SIR visa!

Guest emmylou

Hi everyone

I have chatted to Lisa and I know she was able to get the extra allowance on the SIR visa but has anyone else managed it? I have called the booking agent and they have said that I don't need to have any 'notes' put on my ticket and that I just turn up and flash the visa. They did say that it had to be a perm visa which is where I think I will come unstuck:mad:. I think that I may just chance it, and if not I'll have to leave a suitcase here for shipping at a later date - it's all so complicated!!!

Any replies would be good!!

Emma

x

Hi there

I emailed Singapore airlines and told them when I was flying and what visa I held and they increased my luggage allowance to 40kg per person. I have printed the email and am going to take it as I have read of others who have done this only to be told when they arrived at the airport that they couldn't have that limit. Hope this helps (we are going on a 136!)

Lindsey

Guest Guzzler&Sas

Hello there

We did exactly that (albeit 16 months ago). We came out on a perm visa and emailed Sing Airlines and they sent back an email which we presented at the airport for our increased baggage allowance.

Good luck with it - it is all well and good having it, but then you have the carry it. We had an 18mths year old, and a 3 yr old, both in a pushchair and poor old Guzzler had upteen suitcases, two trolleys to manage and not one bugger offered to help him - funny now looking back. Not much fun at the time!

Also, sounds crazy but check your passports have the right visas in for your family members, we were told at Singapore that we could not take our children into Australia, because their dates of birth or something were wrong and they visas were the wrong way round!!!!! So they had the fax Canberra House, who acknowledged this and we had a trip to the city on day 1 of being here to get the passports/visas sorted. Just something we never thought to check.

Regs

Sas

We asked our travel agent to do her best, she got us another 5kg each, we were about 25kg over that even (between the 4 of us) we just made sure we got there at the very start of check in - pleaded our case and were prepared to ring a company from the terminal who can collect your baggage and airfreight it for a cost (lots cheaper than excess baggage). We were very lucky and got a nice check in girl and a nice supervisor who waived it, they knew we had validated our visa but let us away with it as it was obvious we were emigrating.

Good Luck ;)