Anyone cruised to Oz from UK

Guest McManusfamily

Guest McManusfamily

Has anyone cruised over - a friend of a friend did a world tour six weeks worth and said it was amazing. We probably couldn't afford it but hate missed opportunities!! If anyone has any info we'd love to hear about it. Ta :)

Guest Drumms

I remember seeing a thread on this on British expats. I think it cost them about £4500 each, but they said they had an amazing time! Maybe worth having a look over there!

Good luck!

Guest Guest5035

never cruised that far, but having done 3 cruises, it would be a fantastic experience, just remember to go on a big diet before though.

Southampton to Sydney

Heres one from a Australian website, based on Southampton to Sydney, nice ship, $11k

Stevo

Another alternative is the bus trip, takes 3 months and is about $10000 and you can go London to Syd or in reverse. You camp out and never fly, using ferries to country hop where necessary. Sounds great if you have no ties and the time. Can't remember what it's called but google will probably divulge.

Has anyone cruised over - a friend of a friend did a world tour six weeks worth and said it was amazing. We probably couldn't afford it but hate missed opportunities!! If anyone has any info we'd love to hear about it. Ta :)

Hi

My parents are cruising over here next January. My dad hates flying with a passion so they have decided to have a holiday of a life time and are cruising here and back (well to Sydney). They go from Southampton via New York, the Carribien, Panama River, Mexico, Hawaii, Samoa and New Zealand. They are so excited as they would never have got to see all these places. It is going to take then six weeks to get here. I am not sure who they are crusing with but I will ask next time I speak to my mum.

Claire

Hi

My parents are cruising over here next January. My dad hates flying with a passion so they have decided to have a holiday of a life time and are cruising here and back (well to Sydney). They go from Southampton via New York, the Carribien, Panama River, Mexico, Hawaii, Samoa and New Zealand. They are so excited as they would never have got to see all these places. It is going to take then six weeks to get here. I am not sure who they are crusing with but I will ask next time I speak to my mum.

Claire

Wow what a fantastic trip! I am sooooooo jealous!!! Don't suppose they need someone along to help them carry their bags do they.....??

By the way, just did a quick google and found this site - interesting reading! http://www.seat61.com/Australia-overland.htm

Oh dear just notice all the typos - was trying to watch tv at same time. Yes I am jealous as well! The only thing is they just get two and half weeks in Aus before they have to go back again. They booked it fourteen months in advance so they got a good deal, my mum said that she looked up the price now and it has nearly doubled.

Claire

Guest k8bug79

P&O do it we were looking at it to see if hubby could work his passage across (he is a chef) no joy tho. Looked incredible would def consider doing it

Guest McManusfamily

Thanks Stevo, a bit on the pricey side for us but as you say nice ship. Not sure the diet would be as much an issue as having to be teetotel for the 50 nights as the wine package alone would bankrupt us! Cheers for your help.

Guest McManusfamily

Thanks Rochiegarlo, we have our 10 year old daughter to consider to who likes her creature comforts don't think she could handle it. Cheers for info.

Guest McManusfamily

Thanks to the Drumms for your reply I'll have a look, as I said probably way out of reach and OH going ape with me even suggesting it but hey a girl can dream. When you guys heading out and has it been a long process? we've still alot to decide on but hope to be over by next sep.

Guest McManusfamily

Hi Diane thanks for you reply I had looked at this earlier but not sure our "princess" - 10 year old daughter could handle it. Doubt we could afford a cruise but would be willing to forgo a reccie for a six week cruise and hope that we loved Oz as much as others do who feel their reccie was a waste of money.

Hey a girl can dream!!!

Guest nurse sue
Thanks P & O looks just perfect just need to win the lottery this weekend and we'll be good!

if i win i will share with you and we can go :cute:

we have relis who cruised over to the uk last year as part of their 5 yearly trip back to the uk ... they said it was the trip of a lifetime, and if they could afford it would def do it again, but prob wouldnt be able to afford it again!! (both retired teachers)