• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      McManusfamily

Anyone cruised to Oz from UK

Has anyone cruised over - a friend of a friend did a world tour six weeks worth and said it was amazing. We probably couldn't afford it but hate missed opportunities!! If anyone has any info we'd love to hear about it. Ta :)

Drumms
      I remember seeing a thread on this on British expats. I think it cost them about 4500 each, but they said they had an amazing time! Maybe worth having a look over there!

Good luck!

Title
      Retired Member
      Liked
      1362 times
      Rep
      never cruised that far, but having done 3 cruises, it would be a fantastic experience, just remember to go on a big diet before though.

Southampton to Sydney

Heres one from a Australian website, based on Southampton to Sydney, nice ship, $11k

Stevo
      Last edited by Guest5035; 20-05-2010 at 12:08 AM.

Title
      Liked
      1114 times
      Rep
      Another alternative is the bus trip, takes 3 months and is about $10000 and you can go London to Syd or in reverse. You camp out and never fly, using ferries to country hop where necessary. Sounds great if you have no ties and the time. Can't remember what it's called but google will probably divulge.
      Sailed SS Australis out of Southampton 1977.Arrived October in Adelaide via Melbourne 1977.Liverpool/London 1987 - 1992
      Adelaide 1992 to eternity:)and one day you'll wake up and stop counting how long you've been here.

C&Z
      Quote Originally Posted by McManusfamily View Post
      Has anyone cruised over - a friend of a friend did a world tour six weeks worth and said it was amazing. We probably couldn't afford it but hate missed opportunities!! If anyone has any info we'd love to hear about it. Ta :)

Hi

My parents are cruising over here next January. My dad hates flying with a passion so they have decided to have a holiday of a life time and are cruising here and back (well to Sydney). They go from Southampton via New York, the Carribien, Panama River, Mexico, Hawaii, Samoa and New Zealand. They are so excited as they would never have got to see all these places. It is going to take then six weeks to get here. I am not sure who they are crusing with but I will ask next time I speak to my mum.

Claire

Title
      Liked
      4223 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by C&Z View Post
      Hi

My parents are cruising over here next January. My dad hates flying with a passion so they have decided to have a holiday of a life time and are cruising here and back (well to Sydney). They go from Southampton via New York, the Carribien, Panama River, Mexico, Hawaii, Samoa and New Zealand. They are so excited as they would never have got to see all these places. It is going to take then six weeks to get here. I am not sure who they are crusing with but I will ask next time I speak to my mum.

Claire
      Wow what a fantastic trip! I am sooooooo jealous!!! Don't suppose they need someone along to help them carry their bags do they.....??

By the way, just did a quick google and found this site - interesting reading! http://www.seat61.com/Australia-overland.htm
      Last edited by Diane; 20-05-2010 at 12:27 PM.
      Sometimes the grass will appear greener on the other side because it has been fertilised by bull****

Title
      Liked
      466 times
      Rep
      We looked at it when we came it was 8 grand for 4 of us that was 13 years ago.

Title
      Liked
      164 times
      Rep
      There are more and more cruise ships coming to Adelaide and soon, hopefully, some cruises that will allow you to disembark here (for more than a day anyway). We have a great terminal!!
      US -> UK -> NZ -> OZ

C&Z
      Oh dear just notice all the typos - was trying to watch tv at same time. Yes I am jealous as well! The only thing is they just get two and half weeks in Aus before they have to go back again. They booked it fourteen months in advance so they got a good deal, my mum said that she looked up the price now and it has nearly doubled.

Claire

McManusfamily
      wow know wonder they're excited it sounds fantastic!
      I would love to hear who they're cruising with. Thanks

•  
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Copyright 2006 - 2015 Australia Migration Forums